Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much snow did you get?
At my house in South Ogden, we really got hammered on this last storm, biggest snow total of the Winter at 10" and it was heavy wet snow. Hope these big storms are over because it was so heavy it broke my two stage snow blower, I thought it just sheared the bolts that are on the first stage of the drive but it broke the gear box, bummer too because so far I haven't been able to find a replacement Sad
The last storm we got 6" of heavy wet stuff. Today's storm prediction includes a warning with 5-10" in the Wasatch Front. I've been battling snowthrower issues too. Had to replace a long belt (109") for over $100. I also worn out 2 sets of skid shoes 1ea on the sides of thrower shoot. There is a smaller drive belt I am smelling a burning effect that I'll be replacing soon. Usually in March I have been able to remove the snowthrower attachment off of my lawn tractor, glad I didn't.

Break
Out
Another
Tractor fee

Angry
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
My neighbor only removed enough snow from his driveway to open his gate, to get his truck out, I was surprised by the next day all that snow had melted. Bummer you are having issues with your thrower too. I just hope I won't have to replace mine, I'll be lucky to find a replacement part as old as it is. Hopefully the worst of the snow season is over now.
Yeah the area around Jordanelle has really been pounded this year.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
A year ago, during the winter I had something knocking inside the scoop area of my thrower. At first, I thought it was a rock getting tossed around in the tine area. I found all 3 blade impellers welds broken from base shaft. What are the chances that all 3 would be defective like this. Thankfully I have a welder to reconnect impellers saving what could have been a $300 replacement.

Awaken this morning to 5" of new snow. Time to get busy with snow removal before the brunt of the storm hits.

[Image: 4-03-2023-1.jpg]
Apr 3, 2023

[Image: 4-03-2023-2.jpg]

Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
6-8”s last night , found a great hack for the snow blower and the wet snow, coated the chute and box with the ceramic spray I use on the truck yesterday and let is sit and dry overnight, worked very well keeping the snow from sticking
Just finished doing the driveway, sidewalk and getting the snow off my solar panels. 8" before it stopped this morning, hope this does not continue for another day like they are predicting, at least the heavy snow.
Sounds like the guy that did the welding, did a lousy job on welding all three blades, it must have been a bad day for him.
(04-03-2023, 03:55 PM)2knots Wrote: 6-8”s last night , found a great hack for the snow blower and the wet snow, coated the chute and box with the ceramic spray I use on the truck yesterday and let is sit and dry overnight, worked very well keeping the snow from sticking

We too got 9 inches so far. 1-3 more tonight, and tomorrow is forecasted to get 5-9 more as it'll wrap back around for Tues. Luckily, we did get a tractor last fall along with a front snowblower which has allowed us to throw the snow up over the high the snowbanks we still have. 

We use a teflon spray on the chutes and also on our TV dish which really helps. But still if the under base has rain before the storm even that can clog a little - only one clog this morning though.
(04-03-2023, 03:55 PM)2knots Wrote: 6-8”s last night , found a great hack for the snow blower and the wet snow, coated the chute and box with the ceramic spray I use on the truck yesterday and let is sit and dry overnight, worked very well keeping the snow from sticking

My neighbor said he uses cooking spay but I've also heard of folks using that teflon spray, ceramic spray sounds like a good idea too.
(04-03-2023, 04:10 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

My neighbor said he uses cooking spay but I've also heard of folks using that teflon spray, ceramic spray sounds like a good idea too.

I’ve used other sprays and it didn’t last very long (like part way through a plowing session) so I’m hoping that this lasts
I've been using a silicone aerosol spray. Bought it at Ace Hardware made by Dupont, good stuff.

[Image: Silicone.jpg]

Harrisville UT
(04-03-2023, 04:10 PM)jjannie Wrote:

We too got 9 inches so far. 1-3 more tonight, and tomorrow is forecasted to get 5-9 more as it'll wrap back around for Tues. Luckily, we did get a tractor last fall along with a front snowblower which has allowed us to throw the snow up over the high the snowbanks we still have. 

We use a teflon spray on the chutes and also on our TV dish which really helps. But still if the under base has rain before the storm even that can clog a little - only one clog this morning though.
I'm interested in seeing your new snowblower with cab, if you get a chance, could you take a pic of it?
Yesterday morning 4-3 we had about 2" with a crust of ice underneath which I removed but during the day it was lightly snowing most of the day, it stayed wet. Accumulation might amount to another possible 2", hard surfaces were staying clear. This am 4-4 looking out the window is lake effect which I see building up on the driveway. Spring temps 70° coming this weekend, short sleeve weather finally and spring cleanup.
Harrisville UT
(04-05-2023, 01:15 PM)Bduck Wrote: Yesterday morning 4-3 we had about 2" with a crust of ice underneath which I removed but during the day it was lightly snowing most of the day, it stayed wet. Accumulation might amount to another possible 2", hard surfaces were staying clear. This am 4-4 looking out the window is lake effect which I see building up on the driveway. Spring temps 70° coming this weekend, short sleeve weather finally and spring cleanup.

Same here, around 2" yesterday and around 3" today, glad this Winter is about over. Last year I was getting my garden ready to plant at this point, going to be a few weeks later this year, if not more.
(04-05-2023, 04:05 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(04-05-2023, 01:15 PM)Bduck Wrote: Yesterday morning 4-3 we had about 2" with a crust of ice underneath which I removed but during the day it was lightly snowing most of the day, it stayed wet. Accumulation might amount to another possible 2", hard surfaces were staying clear. This am 4-4 looking out the window is lake effect which I see building up on the driveway. Spring temps 70° coming this weekend, short sleeve weather finally and spring cleanup.

Same here, around 2" yesterday and around 3" today, glad this Winter is about over. Last year I was getting my garden ready to plant at this point, going to be a few weeks later this year, if not more.

About the same here as well.  Got it removed, now we're drying out once again. Then our solar paneled garage roof finally let loose falling onto the driveway in a big wide berm. So, a little more snow removal once again. Supposed to get down to single digits tonight so we didn't wait for it to melt and freeze.
Today 4-6 a warming trend starts and a meltdown. Dodgy Probably should go outside in baby steps to adjust to the brightness from big red. Although most lakes are not ready to let go, I can get my cobweb run done at Willard.
Harrisville UT
Nomosnow says the weather guessers. Ten-day forecast calls for nights above freezing and days as high as 65 degrees. Only a small chance of rain middle of next week. Got 10" yesterday here on the Ogden bench, now melting.

I recorded 6" of waterfall in March, but the real total had to be higher, because only so much snow can accumulate on top of my rain gauge and some of that sublimates before it melts. 6" equivalent of rain is huge for here, nonetheless.
last one dumped pretty good in the sandy broburbia hood
[Image: 20230408_100235.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
got the  roof icedams skylights and solar dug out
[Image: 20230408_100440.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
210 sure got hammered with multiple slides crossing the road and mutiple interlodges

one from silver fk in the bcc
[Image: IMG_7729.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
#thankthewhale
[Image: P1033172_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
Snow?  Y'all got some snow?  None to speak about in Hooper.  Snowblower & shovels have cobwebs.  Life is good. ?
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."