Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are members getting email notices?
Looks as if I am getting the emails, they just started going to the spam folder. I think that is corrected on my side.
Thanks
(07-28-2023, 07:07 PM)brookie Wrote: Looks as if I am getting the emails, they just started going to the spam folder. I think that is corrected on my side.
Thanks

Great, glad you are getting them John, mine are going in my spam folder too, can't seem to get them to go to my inbox for some reason.
My problem solved. I use Gmail. I believe they changed something internally that sent the notifications from BFT into my junk folder. After numerous times trying to help it learn, I decided to "whitelist" the BFT email address. I now get the notifications in my inbox.

Merl
(08-09-2023, 10:28 PM)JazzyM Wrote: My problem solved. I use Gmail. I believe they changed something internally that sent the notifications from BFT into my junk folder. After numerous times trying to help it learn, I decided to "whitelist" the BFT email address. I now get the notifications in my inbox.

Merl

That's great, I had to look up what whitelisting was but hopefully it fixes my problem too. Do you know if this will work with all email servers?
(08-10-2023, 02:01 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(08-09-2023, 10:28 PM)JazzyM Wrote: My problem solved. I use Gmail. I believe they changed something internally that sent the notifications from BFT into my junk folder. After numerous times trying to help it learn, I decided to "whitelist" the BFT email address. I now get the notifications in my inbox.

Merl

That's great, I had to look up what whitelisting was but hopefully it fixes my problem too. Do you know if this will work with all email servers?
It does NOT work with digis.net.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I’m thinking all the email providers have some sort of whitelisting. You can also try adding the no reply email address of BFT to your contact list and/or your email contact list. I added the email address to my contacts.
(08-11-2023, 06:43 AM)JazzyM Wrote: I’m thinking all the email providers have some sort of whitelisting. You can also try adding the no reply email address of BFT to your contact list and/or your email contact list. I added the email address to my contacts.

I added the BFT email to my contact list but just in case it is different than yours, what BFT address did you add? When I get the BFT address on the notices it says, "no-reply@bigfishtackle.com"
(08-11-2023, 01:06 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(08-11-2023, 06:43 AM)JazzyM Wrote: I’m thinking all the email providers have some sort of whitelisting. You can also try adding the no reply email address of BFT to your contact list and/or your email contact list. I added the email address to my contacts.

I added the BFT email to my contact list but just in case it is different than yours, what BFT address did you add? When I get the BFT address on the notices it says, "no-reply@bigfishtackle.com"

correct. That’s the address.
(08-12-2023, 02:20 AM)JazzyM Wrote:
(08-11-2023, 01:06 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

correct. That’s the address.

That did not work for me, using that email address, guess I'll keep looking for the correct way to whitelist BFT, still haven't found it for my computer Sad