Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 mussel aware test
I was made aware yesterday that our mailing department for the AIS decals has been sending out the 2023 AIS decals by mistake.

If you completed the 2024 registration and received a 2023 AIS decal, please send me a private message with your first and last name and a phone number if this occurred to you and I will send it on to my Lieutenant and we will get it corrected.

In the meantime, throw away the 2023 decal and hold onto the 2024 vessel enrollment receipt. It's best to have one printed for the dash of your towing vehicle and another for your boat as your proof of purchase until we can get the 2024 decal out to you. A screenshot would work for proof of purchase while you are on the water as well.

I'm really sorry for the mistake and inconvenience, DWR is working to correct this right away.

Krystal
I know most of the headaches with this program goes back to how the legislation is written so we don't have much hope in changing things here, but it sure would be nice if the legislators tuned into forums like this to get an idea of how their bills effect the users.

Tell you what I sure have a hard time with having to pay a separate fee for my pontoon (aka float tube) and my boat. Seems like if you pay the fee once you have done your part... The way it is now I don't use my pontoon anymore because it costs more to license it each year than it did to buy it... I guess I could drop the motor and just use it as a manual powered craft, but it's pretty tough to get where you want to go and back without assistance as you get older... So I end up in the boat most of the time now days, even though I really enjoy fishing out of the toon...

Anyway hoping when my sticker get's here, that it's up to date, crazy they don't have that one figured out.... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-09-2024, 02:25 PM)AIS_krystal Wrote: I was made aware yesterday that our mailing department for the AIS decals has been sending out the 2023 AIS decals by mistake.

If you completed the 2024 registration and received a 2023 AIS decal, please send me a private message with your first and last name and a phone number if this occurred to you and I will send it on to my Lieutenant and we will get it corrected.

In the meantime, throw away the 2023 decal and hold onto the 2024 vessel enrollment receipt. It's best to have one printed for the dash of your towing vehicle and another for your boat as your proof of purchase until we can get the 2024 decal out to you. A screenshot would work for proof of purchase while you are on the water as well.

I'm really sorry for the mistake and inconvenience, DWR is working to correct this right away.

Krystal

Thanks Krystal, I have sent my information on to you. 

John L.
I had to go look into mine finding its the 2023 also. I didn't immediately open mine when I received it assuming it was good to go. PM sent to AIS Krystal
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Both me and my friend at Bear Lake also both received the 2023 sticker and we alerted Krystal about it. I see she has chimed in already. We'll be waiting on our 2024 stickers. At least my State Parks pass was correct, but I wrote a letter to one of the DNR directors asking about why Utah charges $125/year, when other states are SIGNIFICANTLY less expensive. These are just some of the numbers I found.
RESIDENT ANNUAL Day-use PASS COSTS FOR THE FOLLOWING STATES:
Michigan - $14 (yes, that is an annual fee!)
Indiana - $50
Wisconsin - $28
Minnesota $35
Colorado $80
Idaho $80
It comes down to how much of costs are paid by state appropriations leaving the remainder to be covered by user fees. There are clearly varying state legislative philosophies on what the balance should be, and it perhaps not surprisingly seems that Utah tends to rely on user fees. Then again look at California where their $195 annual likely also reflects increased costs. Invariably state parks are facing shortages leading to delayed maintenance and services. Summary article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/20...hallenges/
Krystal,
Instead of having to print out the enrollment form and leave on our dash, we BEG you to just send us two stickers.
One for the boat.
And the other for our trailer.
Sometimes a buddy or family member will pull my boat and accidentally we forgot the dash paper in my truck.
I will gladly pay an extra 46 cents for the sticker for my trailer.
Thumbs Up 
(01-10-2024, 01:03 AM)MrShane Wrote: Krystal,
Instead of having to print out the enrollment form and leave on our dash, we BEG you to just send us two stickers.
One for the boat.
Sometimes a buddy or family member will pull my boat and accidentally we forgot the dash paper in my truck.

Double support on that! Might need to add a designation on sticker as to boat or trailer so no chance the sticker not just put on another boat.
(01-08-2024, 10:18 PM)the_eagle Wrote: just received my new AIS sticker for 2024...IT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE 2023 ! only difference is the set of numbers (005770 2023 , 010860 2024 ) that's printed on it so how are the people monitoring this going to know if a person has re-upped or not ? the paper i received with the sticker states it's good till 12/31/2024 but i thought the whole idea was that they could just look thru binoculars at boats to see if they have their stickers seems the only way they can verify is to ask for the paper that comes with the sticker .....

(01-10-2024, 01:48 AM)smokepoles Wrote:
One for the boat.

Double support on that!  Might need to add a designation on sticker as to boat or trailer so no chance the sticker not just put on another boat.
I don’t think that would be an issue?
Knowing an expensive citation is coming for a non-stickered boat trailer at the launch lot would stop someone from sharing stickers?
I would think LEO would MUCH rather inspect for a trailer sticker instead of a sun-faded dash ornament.
(01-10-2024, 01:58 AM)MrShane Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 10:18 PM)the_eagle Wrote: just received my new AIS sticker for 2024...IT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE 2023 ! only difference is the set of numbers (005770 2023 , 010860 2024 ) that's printed on it so how are the people monitoring this going to know if a person has re-upped or not ? the paper i received with the sticker states it's good till 12/31/2024 but i thought the whole idea was that they could just look thru binoculars at boats to see if they have their stickers seems the only way they can verify is to ask for the paper that comes with the sticker .....

(01-10-2024, 01:48 AM)smokepoles Wrote:
One for the boat.

Double support on that!  Might need to add a designation on sticker as to boat or trailer so no chance the sticker not just put on another boat.
I don’t think that would be an issue?
Knowing an expensive citation is coming for a non-stickered boat trailer at the launch lot would stop someone from sharing stickers?
I would think LEO would MUCH rather inspect for a trailer sticker instead of a sun-faded dash ornament.
Agreed, I was not thinking it through clearly.
Strong support for the trailer sticker. In the summer, I always put a sunshade in my windshield, and that makes it difficult to properly display a sheet of paper. Or two.
Just wondering if anyone has Pm'ed this AIS kyrstal and has there been any action with the wrong Decal being sent out?
(01-16-2024, 06:36 PM)AFDan52 Wrote: Just wondering if anyone has Pm'ed this AIS kyrstal and has there been any action with the wrong Decal being sent out?

I sent her a PM but haven't heard back from her.
(01-16-2024, 06:58 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 06:36 PM)AFDan52 Wrote: Just wondering if anyone has Pm'ed this AIS kyrstal and has there been any action with the wrong Decal being sent out?

Same here. I have two boats, both AIS came back as 2023.
(01-16-2024, 10:57 PM)BYUHunter Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 06:58 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Same here. I have two boats, both AIS came back as 2023.

AIS Krystal conirmed she has my info and they are working o getting out the correct 2024 decals.
I sent Krystal a PM on 1-09-2024, included in PM was the copy of the document with decal I received. Krystal responded in less than 2hrs, she is on the ball. I sent a copy of both items so not to have them think I'm trying to get a second set from them. My suggestion is to send a copy of what you have also. Have no idea how long it will take the chain of command to send out new. I feel since these decals are a form of registration with DNR they should have a serial number. 

This is the response I received from Krystal:
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Thank you Roger, I have your information and have sent it onto my LT. Sorry for the inconvenience, Krystal[/font]
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF

i also have PM her with no response....since i don't plan on using the boat till April i will give her some time but after the grace period i will be making calls if it hasn't been resolved by then .
I called the DWR office responsible for the AIS and told them I got my decal yesterday and it was for 2023. The agent confirmed that their office is aware of the problem and expect to have the 2024 decal sent out within 2 weeks to all customers that got the 2023 decal.  The issue doesn’t require any action by customers that got the 2023 decal.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(01-17-2024, 05:29 PM)dubob Wrote: I called the DWR office responsible for the AIS and told them I got my decal yesterday and it was for 2023. The agent confirmed that their office is aware of the problem and expect to have the 2024 decal sent out within 2 weeks to all customers that got the 2023 decal.  The issue doesn’t require any action by customers that got the 2023 decal.

Thanks for checking into this Bob.
Krystal, 
Please help us out here?
Thoughts on the two sticker (one for boat, one for trailer) idea and do away with the dashboard sun-faded copy please?
Thank you,
A concerned boater.