Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Water Levels?
Troll ... I guess you don't know where that hay goes. Certainly doesn't stay in southern utah and the small useless ag comunities.

I'd love to continue this but this is a fishing board. Yes this is the USA and may we stand United and still have our own opinions of what to do with the water in Utah.
[signature]
It is my opinion that the water we have needs to be allocated first for culinary concerns, then commercial (agriculture and manufacture)and what is left (if any) for residential irrigation.
Fortunate for we fishers is that culinary water while it is stored, also makes a good home for sportfish.
Have you ever learned about NYC water supply? They used to get their water from the Hudson River. That is why NY has more designated acres of wilderness than UT. They needed to protedt the watershed much as SLC has protected the wasatch range. Now NYC has a system of resiviors to supply thier water. The fishing in these resiviors is fantastic. No motor boats allowed, fishing by permit only. We may be headed that way. Already dogs may not even be in our boat at Deer Creek. Is Jordenelle next?
[signature]
ask your self wher nevada gets its water.
[signature]
This sure got off topic. Don't wish to comment on anything other than the original water level question. I took the boat over to my ice fishing location 2 weeks ago. I have it on GPS so should be pretty accurate. Last ice season this spot was 16 feet deep. Two weeks ago it was 24 feet deep. I know people are saying the water level doesn't fluxuate much but it sure appears to be 8 feet deeper now than last winter....
[signature]