Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Stats
[#505000]In my experience there are a lot of people out there who seem to think they are above the law or that for some reason certain laws don't really apply to them, it's for that other guy. They have an attitude of "That applies to everyone but me because I'm special/different" I would guess that is the case with a lot of the "freezer fraternity".[/#505000]
[signature]
Good info thnx
[signature]
have you heard of an old fly tier named DALE ROYLANCE also known as HUMMER. FROM DA OLD BERRY DAYS?
[signature]
Nice report TubeDude .Good info .
[signature]
[cool]Just a little FYI (and maybe you already were aware of this) a 17 pound 'bow was pulled out last summer on the Soldier Creek Side. I think there's even a pic of it on [url "http://www.freeformfishing.com"]www.freeformfishing.com[/url] , uh-oh-is that a bad word on this site now? Anyhooters, there's a pic of it taking up most of the bottom of a bathtub. The monster 'bows are in there at 'da berry (they just aren't that numerous yet).
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey, Mr. P., the name sounds familiar but I don't think I ever met him.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Just curious though. Why would he wanna tie old flies? (joke)[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I would like ya ta know that I am old enough that I used to tie wooly buggers from the hair of wooly mammoths. How about pterodactyl pteronarcys? Man, you think those big cutts in there have teeth, you should try an ichthyosaur. Not much as jumpers (like cutts), but what a battle when you catch them from a stone float tube.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks Pat. Some real good info. Pikeman
[signature]
Thanks, Tube Dude. You have done those of us who couldn't make the meeting a great service. Especially, those of us who like to take a stab now and then at making lures and such. I've never tried to create a mouse lure, but it looks like I'll be taking a stab at it now.
[signature]
I caught and released a 27in. about 9lb. Bow last year when the ice was just starting to come off. I've also caught some 25, 26in's in Oct. trolling. one of the bows we caught had a tail of a big crawdad sticking out it's butt about 3in. with the size of that tail I figured that crawdad was about 5 to 6in. long before the bow had him for lunch. you might want to try pitchig big bass jigs at the berry for the big bows. later chuck
[signature]
tubedude ,he is the guy that ties all the flies for the phillips clan that run the marina.I have been fly fishing with him for about twenty years. when I told him I wanted to take up jigging, he mentioned your name.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I am flattered to be well remembered. But, it's hard to live up to a good reputation.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Did you get the info I sent? Also, are you interested in making your own jigs or just in being able to fish jigs more effectively?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We have a lot of Utah members who are very good and experienced in using jigs. Once you are ready, I am sure you will have no problem getting invites to accompany others who can help you with some "hands on" stuff. You definitely learn more by fishing with someone who can walk you through it than merely by reading about it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I would have to go with the "more effectively" part beings I've never even tied one on to a pole before.
ENOUGH SNICKERING OUT THERE YOU'VE GOT TO START SOMEWHERE
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Naw...I doubt there is much real snickering. Only from those of us who were once where you are, and remember how embarrassing it was to have to break down and ask the real questions. Us guys and our foolish fisherman's pride.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]My philosophy has always been that the only "dumb" question is one that you don't ask. Especially if by not asking it costs you time, money and frustration.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I'm sure that you have discovered by now that most of the folks on this board are more than willing to answer sincere questions. There are also plenty of us who are happy to have tagalongs on fishing trips, to "show and tell". As long as you don't raid someone's tackle box too bad (without repaying), or outfish the teacher, you will usually be welcome.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
my wife says I'm a fisherman because im missing a chromizone
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]No, she's got it all wrong. Fishermen have extra chromosomes. We keep them in our "genes" (jeans).[/#0000ff]
[signature]