Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Soft Plastics
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Lots of people seem to overlook a tube bait for bass. It's very versatile and you fish it all year long.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
[reply]
What is better about the maniac lures?
We have some great colors, we can make a custom color for you that others don't have. Our stick baits catch more fish for your money. The Maniac minnow catches all species of fresh water fish and some salt water species. The new ice cut'r is wacking some very nice trout and panfish.
We have the best reaper style finnesse bait on the market, the Cut'r Bug has more action than other reaper or leech style baits, with a flutter action that drives bass nuts. Fish these baits on a split shot, drop shot or texas rig and you will see what I'M talking about. The color #013 is one of the best crawfish colors that you will find, that color looks green in brite light and browner in color in low light, but even in low light some green still shows up.
Try these baits and you will catch more fish.

James [/reply]

Hey there Maniac

Can you make any worms that are "Crystal Clear"? I use some of those out here on the west coast but they have too much pepper in them.

I am looking for 7, 9 and 10 inch plastics that are crystal clear. Or even clear with minimal "Purple" pepper flakes for deep water fishing.

Let me know or send me a PM.[cool]
[signature]
Hey tubeN2, I can make that color no problem,we can do clear with whatever size and or color of glitter that you want, however the biggest worm mold that I have is a six inch strait tail drop shot worm, or 5" slither worm. These will need to be hand poured, but I can make a mold to pour many other styles of worms.
Let me know what you want to do, and I will do my best to accomidate your needs.
Thanks!
James
[signature]
What size glitters do you have?? I would be interested to see the glitter sizes. I think I could live with the 6inch worm.

Do you have any of the clear samples on your website???[cool]
[signature]
We have .008, .015, .035, and some glitter in .040, .060.
.008 small, .015 medium, .035 large these three are the most used.
James
[signature]
That sounds cool. Let me figure out some specs and I'll get back to you with some color schemes and I'll get back to you. I will make sure to order enough to make it worth your while for the batch.[cool]
[signature]
These are hand poured baits, so you can order whatever quantity you want. There won't be any added extra cost for the custom color!
James
[signature]
Kewl Bro. I'll send you a PM when I'm ready to order.[cool]
[signature]
I noticed nobody commented on Mister Twister. Is there a reason? I will be fishing for smallies and crappie in southwestern Idaho, and planned to use some soft curly tailed grubs for that, as well as tied jigs. Since I'm not fishing for largemouth, do I need to even worry about anything other than some grubs and/or shad?
[signature]
[black][size 3]Ok, I'll mention Mister Twister. They work just fine. They are kind of "Plain Jane" grubs, but, it's more how a person presents them than their actual make up. The same company puts out a product called Exude - a scented formula imbedded in thier plastics.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Here's a partial list of the pre-packaged plastics I have in my tackle collection that work for me. I just opened up my plastics box and I'll list some of them.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Mister Twister:[/size][/black]
[black][size 3] Grubs - Watermellon sparkle, Motor oil, [/size][/black]
[black][size 3] Chartruese, and white.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3] Exude Worms - Natural, Pumpkin Pepper, [/size][/black]
[black][size 3] Watermellon seed.[/size][/black]
[size 3][black]Berkley: [/black][/size]
[black][size 3] Gulp - 6" Natural floating worms, 3" Black Minnow [/size][/black]
[black][size 3] Grubs.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3] Power Bait - 7" Electric Grape Power worms, 7" Black [/size][/black]
[black][size 3] Neon shad Power worms, 4" white flipping tubes. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3] 4" Pumpkin Skirtgrubs,3" Power leaches,6" pumkin [/size][/black]
[black][size 3] lizards.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Wave Worms: 5" Baby Bass Peral, 4" Green Pumpkin orange. Watermellon candy Tiki-crawdudes.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Storm:[/size][/black]
[black][size 3] Worms: 7" Green Pumpkin, 7" Watermellon,7" [/size][/black]
[black][size 3] Pearl.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3] Crawdads - 3.5" Brown Crawtubes,4" Pumkin Rattle [/size][/black]
[black][size 3] Craws.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Yum:[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]3.5" green Pumpkin CrawBugs. 4".5 watermellon seed vibra king tubes.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Blaze Handpoured Lures: Livewire shad Pearl/blue, Livewire Grubs pearl/white.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Chompers:[/size][/black]
[black][size 3] 8" Green Pumpkin Needleworms, 8" Limeaid [/size][/black]
[black][size 3] Needleworms.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Maniac Lures: Chartruese Glow paddle bugs.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Fresh Water Basics: Tubes in about a dozen different sizes and colors. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Senkos: I just noticed that my last package is empty and apparently I am currently out of them.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]And the list could go on as I have lots more, but you should get the idea - You can use grubs, shad, worms, stick baits, creature plastics, or about anything else; if you present it the way the fish are wanting it, and in the right place for them to take it. [/size][/black]
[signature]
Thanks Fishhound [sly]

Have you found that fish react differently to lures regionally? That is, are there subtle differences in the way lures should be presented and worked for smallies and trout, say, in sw Idaho, versus Kentucky, etc.?
[signature]
[black][size 3]I'm not sure if I fully understand your question, but, let me take a wild stab at it.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Yes ! there can be differences regionally. In fact, there can be differences from one part of a body of water to another and from one hour to the next. In other words, I've seen something work like gang busters on one side of a lake, but that same offering and presentation would do almost nothing on the other side of that same body of water. Also, I've seen what worked in the morning, not work in the afternoon. But as soon as the offering/presentation was changed, the bite was on again. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]So, presentations and offerings could be quite different in SW Idaho vs Ky. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]That said, let me also say that fish are fish are fish - everywhere they are basically the same. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Given the same species of fish; If a presentation does work in Kentuckey, it will probably also work in Idaho. I.E. - If you can catch a rainbow trout on a Rapala in Kentucky, you can catch a rainbow trout with the same Rapala in Idaho. [/size][/black]
[signature]
Yeah, that is what I was asking. That being said, I can rely on what ppl on the forum report as good baits, lures, techniques globally for the same fish, but with the caveat that there may be unique presentations, etc. to my region.

I know that from my experience with trout, there is a HUGE variation of what they hit regionally in here Idaho. We used to catch lunker browns on rapalas, jigs, sculpins, etc., on the south fork of the Snake, but up in Montana on the Beaverhead, we could only get them up on certain larva fly patterns unique to that area.

Anyway, thanks--I'll be scouring the panfish and warm water fish boards, since that is what I am most interested in fishing here in this corner of Idaho.
[signature]
[black][size 3]You made an excellent point. One which I neglected to address. That being your comment on fishing the Beaverhead. (BTW-that is a fantastic area in MT.)[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]There are times that some species (trout specifically come to mind) will be keyed on only one kind of food to the exclusion of everything else they would normally eat - like during a hatch of a particular insect, and at that time, the fish will not take anything else. I've seen that happen a lot while fly fishing certain waters at certain times of the year. Even to the extent that the offering had to be the almost exact same size and color (within a vanishingly small tolerance) of the hatching insect or the fish would not have any interest at all. When otherwise, at other times, on that same body of water, I could throw just about anything on the end of my line and catch one of those same fish.[/size][/black]
[signature]