Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing line
you are welcome any time.
[signature]
That's right T4me.

When it's cold outside, I don't need the GPS when I'm using the Yozi. It has enough memory to get me back to all my coldweather fishing spots.[cool]
[signature]
I found this article on the web
[signature]
That article does have some truth to it.

Many times a person will be too opiniated and not see the other side of story. It all boils down to what you are personally comfortable and satisfied with.

I have several favorite rods, each one with a different type of line or setup. Each one with a different reel.
Different length of rod
Different type of guides
Different type of reel seat.
Different type of grip.

Which one is the best?? Who knows. It all depends on what I am fishing for and what I want to use that day.

Some fishing lines are truly better than others for their intended use. Some are lacking in certain qualities but excell in others. Alot will depend on what you are looking for in a line, reel, rod etc.....

[cool]
[signature]
Let me ask you this Steve, how many times have you walked down a pier an noticed a person fishing with a big, heavy, fiberglass rod with a little zebco reel on it? LOL, it's the funniest thing in the world, but many people don't know any better.

It's such a great point that your tackle needs to match. Your rod, reel, and line needs to compliment each other; and it also needs to compliment your preference of terminal tackle, enviroment, and fishing style.

Like you, I have different rods for different types of fishing. Length, lb test rating, type of eyelets, action. The same goes for reel and tackle selection. Even something like crappie fishing might warrant 2 or 3 different outfits for the situation. You may need an ultra lite combo for casting small lures. Then you may need a baitcasting combo with a stiffer rod for trolling or multi-rod drifting. Then, you may need a cane pole for getting into the heavy, heavy stuff. There are even more combo's of tackle that could be applied in the ideal situation. So much diversity involved. But keep your chin up. This is a great reason to convince your wife why you need another fishing pole. [cool]
[signature]
[reply]
Let me ask you this Steve, how many times have you walked down a pier an noticed a person fishing with a big, heavy, fiberglass rod with a little zebco reel on it? LOL, it's the funniest thing in the world, but many people don't know any better.
[/reply]

We have guys on the piers here that actually use a Coke bottle or can with the line only hand wrapped on it. It seems to suit their needs for the time being.

To each his/her own.[cool]
[signature]
There is probably more agreement on what NOT to use, than what to use. That is the advice I always heed first...
[signature]
Some of their choices of equipment is a cultural issue too. We do respect other cultures.
Another member on this site spent many years in Japan. He said that over there they fish mostly for immediate food needs. The peoples access to good fishing is limited and they sometimes resort to catching the smaller tricky fish.

Gear of choice: 1 stick wrapped with 1/2 lb to 1lb test and a few small hooks.

It is kind of interesting to see how they would fish over here with such abundance of places to go and species of fish to catch.[cool]
[signature]
I think if they knew how the fishing is over here and all the great locations, we'd have a serious imagration problem. LOL You're right though steve. Many japanese, and many other asian locations, have never even held a fishing pole. Many use nets or just line and hooks. Some of the countries are moving up though. Guam, for instance, has moved up in the world; utilizing large sportfishing boats and modern equipment and techniques. The other pacific countries are slowly, but surely, following suit.
[signature]
I think we are similar to cats in a fashion by comparison--we just like to play with our food a bit before we eat it [Tongue]
[signature]
Big Fish, Small Tackle.........I guess you can call that playing[cool]
[signature]
i use power pro 2 pound diam but 15 pound test and up .i also use cajun red works when i an crappie and bream fishing really well.
[signature]
I saw the cajun red, but I'm not sure about it. I haven't heard much about it. I fish ultra light right now and picked up some AN40 silver thread 4#, and some Maxima Chameleon 2#. I really like the Maxima, having used it a lot in the past. The silver thread I have heard great things about, and I am anxious to try it out.

What do you like about the cajun red?
[signature]
I use 8 pound braided fireline for most of my rods.
[signature]
i use the 4 pound and its strong and i get more bites on it i have tried it beside several other lines,berkley,stren,spiderline and silver tread with the same depth and lure and caught more and larger fish on it .cast good i dont care for the heavier line up in the 20 pound. but the ultra light line is great.
[signature]
thanks for the reply--I might have to give it a try. I wonder if it works equally well on other warm water fish. Do you think it is the low visibility? Must be...
[signature]
after useing it on all the southern species it works well i even use it to make my crappie rigs with.
[signature]
The Cajun line gets alot of promotion on the West Coast, especially in SoCal. The stuff works pretty well in fresh and saltwater. I doesn't have as much memory as other lines and it holds up pretty decent to certain types of structure fishing.[cool]
[signature]
My buddy uses strictly cajun line and he claims he has good results. Id have to ask him more about it cause thats all i really know.
[signature]
Some people swear by Cajun line and others swear at it. I had the chance to test it, use it under many types of circmstance, and abuse it.

I found it to be durable enough to handle some serious situations. I use the line more for deep water and structure fishing.[cool]
[signature]