Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEST FIGHTING POUND FOR POUND FISH?
saltwater.bluefish
freshwater smallmouth bass
[signature]
Call me crazy, but I'd have to toss panfish into the mix. Bluegill, sunfish, rock bass, etc. Those things just do not give up, are all over the place, and are an absolute blast to catch. Imagine catching a 900lb bluegill?!
[signature]
i would have to say the wiper
[signature]
I'd say bluegill, they are smaller and fight good but imagine if they were say the size of a bass, thatd be amazing
[signature]
[Image: MAKO1224_bucky.jpg]
[signature]
There is nothing in any water that can beat a Picific Silver Salmon (Coho) for endurance and strength and most of all, it's spectacular top water performance.[sly]

If you try to play any of them with your fingers, your gonna get burned.[shocked]
You cant strip line in fast enough if he charges the boat.
If you are fishing from the River Bank or the Beach, your probably gonna lose a fly along with the fish.[unsure]
[signature]
Amberjacks, jack crevalle or any fish in the jack family by far the strongest i have tangled with.[Wink]
[signature]
Salt Water I have vote for the tuna (bonito). HHave never had a fish fight like they do. Fast, powerful, a blast on a med action rod.

Fresh water I like the mighty carp. Hard to target best taken on light tackle. and they fight like the dickens.

Now I'm sure I will get a slams over this LOL.
[signature]
Hey Road. Where did you get that pic for your sig line?? That is funny.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Pound-for-pound ... in fresh water, it MUST be wiper!!

An Artist's rendition:
[inline "striped-white bass hybrid wiper 150.jpg"]

Good looking (the fish):
[inline Terry-Smile-big400.jpg]

No ... that aint no snag:
[inline bendo400.jpg]

ScottieB's "twins":
[inline "Scottie's-twins-400.jpg"][/#002850][/font][/size]
[signature]
I'm not sure any longer where it came from. Ralph helped me get it to appear, but it has been at the bottom of my sig line for a couple of years.

It just seemd fitting after a trip to UL. There were several Bassers at AF boat harbor fighting over 10 feet of shoreline.

If ya like you are welcome to use it.
[signature]
I'd have to throw in my vote for the mighty Tarpon.
[signature]
Too new to say for sure since only fish I ever caught was LMB, Crappie, and Bluegill .. all on spinning and fly rod..each had its own way of trying hard to not get landed... but Id say trying to pull an 8" plus crappie up out of the water is just as tough as a LMB or a trout hell bent on not being landed..

MacFly
[signature]
While I have caught many saltwater species, I have never had a tougher, back breaking, longer fight than the ever elusive Blue Marlin.
About 5 years ago a couple of buddies and myself decided to make a run to Bimini. The next day we were headed out to have some fun with Wahoo and Dorado (Mahi Mahi), after about an hour of catching wahoo and dorado, we were just about to head for some reefs when my spanish mackeral went airborne, with the biggest blue marlin I had ever seen right behind it. That beauty took hundreds and hundreds of line from my spool. After 8 runs and nearly 4.5 hours later, the fish was landed. 687lbs. 12oz. Penn Tuna Rod, Penn International II 80STW reel, 80 lb test.
Believe me, I was purely exhausted after that!
[signature]
To be honest, the best fight I've ever had was a big ol' brown. He was kinda the exception, though. I think largies tend to fight better pound for pound.
[signature]
Without a doubt, the hardest fighting fresh water fish is an 18 to 24 in wiper. Smaller than 18 inches they are still good fighters be not in the same league, larger than 24, I'm not sure you could handle one larger than 24 inches[Wink].
[signature]
Ok ,this may seem a bit strange ,since the fish is basicly worthless other than ,in my my opinion they are good fighters ( CARP ) think about it ,with the soft mouth and thier strenght they are 1 of the really hardest fish to land
[signature]
Fresh water I have to say the smallmouth for my area. Salt it would be the blue fish.
[signature]
Thanks bro[cool]
[signature]
I've never fished saltwater so I have to say small mouth bass.
Catching a 6 lb small mouth on 4 lb test sure is fun!
Donna
[signature]