Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEST FIGHTING POUND FOR POUND FISH?
Rooster Fish is the best pound for pound fight.
Catchin a Roosterfish makes a sailfish seem like catchin a Guppy

CF plumas
FishWaveDancer.com
[signature]
Without a doubt Small Mouth Bass. Pound for pound there's really nothing like them. [Smile]
[signature]
In my small experience I would say Rainbow trout and yellowfin tuna.
[signature]
Hey, you finally caught my bait. [Tongue]
[signature]
three words. smallmouth bass baby!
[signature]
there is no arguments here, the most fightinest fish pound for pound is the blue gill,

any one who has ever battled a two pound blue gill can atest to this, and when you tackle a two and a half pound gill you will swear you rod is going to break! I have battled a three pound gill, Once! It was like pulling in a twenty pound carp.... reals a screaming, pole doubled over, line singing as it streaches.... and he was only 14 inches long, They get bigger still!!!

this is where you hear the joke about the 50 pound gill.... when you get a 3 pounder on there you may as well have a 50 pound fish on the end of your line, cause you are most likely going to break it.... and wonder what in hadies you had a hold of....
[signature]
Bluegill are in the conversation but how about a Sockeye in fresh water freshly out of the Salt. They will spool your reel and break your pole. And when you foul hook them they really fight. Im sure the river current does enhance the fight but fresh out of the salt they pack a wallop.
[signature]
I'd have to say smallmouth bass! Man do those fight!
[signature]
[#005000]btw... and it seems coincidental, but today on the outdoor channel.. the program with Ron and Raven (his black lab I believe).. they had a story on the tiger trout program on a some lakes in southern Missouri... and the fish they caught fought like all get out and once landed were beautiful... the males especially with their bright orange bellies simply stood out from the crowd.. at one point .. one of the anglers was in a float tube.. he was good sized.. and he commented on how the fish he had on the hook (turned out to be a 18" plus male I think).. was litterally dragging him around in his tube.. .. so I would say that that was one hell of a fighting fish.. pound for pound...

MacFly [cool][/#005000]

[signature]
mine would have to be the tiger muskie, there's nothin like it [cool]
[signature]
No Doubt,Bluefish!
[signature]
what about Gar there mean little fishies[email]
[signature]
Try a 25lb on 2lb test.[cool]
[signature]
pound for pound is hard i've never caught one but mabye a pirranah
[signature]
sounds funny.... but on base (shaw air force base) we have this pond with huge grass carp in it.... and i would have to say pound for pound.... do they ever put up a good fight!
[signature]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][font "Times New Roman"][black]My Vote for Fresh water would be Steelhead. [Smile] With sun fish/red eared perch coming in sec.[/black][/font]
[/size][/green][/font][/size][/black][/font][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Hey there howtobass, I was stationed on Shaw for over 3 years and have caught those very same carp out of that lake. LOL, small world. The best place I found for them is on the back side where the gazeebo is. I caught all of mine off of dough balls using a bobber and a small snell hook, like a size 4 or so. They are a heck of a fight.

Do you ever go to Wateree? You know, Wateree has a Military Only section that you can rent cabins, camp sites, and you have your own private boat landing. Also, the rec building off perimeter road on base rents boats as well as campers and things along those lines. It's really cheap. [cool]
[signature]
[cool] nothing fights harder than a gar, especially if your are fishing with 6# test for crappie or bluegill. I don't like them because of all the teeth but they will pull your line everywhere, and shake rattle and roll!! ha
[signature]
Go with me on this one Steve. After over 80 posts, not a single person mentioned a stingray. I know it's not a traditional game fish, but from 2 to 200 pounds, they are all balls. [cool]
[signature]
Thank you all for the help on this. It was a test post for the intrigue behind the question "what is the pound for pound toughest fish" for an article for the Mail Tribune, In southern Oregon by Mark Freedman.

The article turned out awesome and he was kind enough to mention the site in his article, check it out at: [url "http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2007/0315/sport/stories/bigfishmadness-freecolm.htm"]http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2007/0315/sport/stories/bigfishmadness-freecolm.htm[/url]

Everyone who replied please send a PM to [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Forum_Moderator_Boards_C4/General__Moderator_Board_F73/IMPORTANT%3A_Please_welcome_Gaby_San_Paolo_%28gabys%29_P314761/gforum.cgi?username=gabys;t=search_engine"][#000000][size 1]gabys[/size][/#000000][/url] with your address and shirt size, we are sending out BFT Stickers to all and will randomly select a few t-shirt winners!

THANKS AGAIN!!!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator