Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEST FIGHTING POUND FOR POUND FISH?
Stingrays are a good option. Out here we also have Bat Rays. We call them Mud Marlin because they are as sporty as a Marlin. Only thing is that they feed in the "Mud".

I'm sure that you are aware that a 200lb spiney tail flat fish like the Sting Ray and the Mud Marlin will pull like a 200lb fish, that is lightning fast and angrier than a bull, slimier than goat snot will only pull with its "Balls to the Wall".[cool]
[signature]
Thanks for the all the fun theangler. Now can we do a Whimpy contest???

Pound for pound I would have to say the Rosy Rockfish!![cool]
[signature]
LOL! Wimpest, Although I have only caught 2 in my lifetime and I wasn't fishing for them, both times I didn't even relize I was hooked. It was an eel
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I think I'll get a poll going on the Polls and Surveys board for this one. I hope I can get the same response.[cool]
[signature]
yea! i've been at shaw since begining of 2003. i havent caught many but i know the spot your talking about.. you can always see them swimming in groups... their monsters! i tried using the strawberry carp bait from walmart but i catch more cats than carp off that... where did you get your doughballs?
[signature]
I'm going to have to go with a bluefish.
[signature]
I just used loaf bread. I'd get a bag of bread, rip off a small piece, and ball it up really tight. Stick it on the hook and off you go. Even buscuit dough would work. I know they like canned corn too. Thread a bunch of corn kernels on your hook and hold on. All carp like corn.

What's your career field? I was a 3PO51, S.F> Good times. My last duty station was Anderson AFB on Guam. Great duty station, unless you get stuck in the 613th.
[signature]
i work in the engine backshop. not for the 16's but for the a-10 the tf34 motor. i'll definetly try the ball of bread... i've actually tried corn before but didnt have any luck. maybe this year will change. thanks for the info
[signature]
Well, It has to be the great silver fish of the north, the Chinook!!! There is no other fish on this planet that can fight like the King!. Pound for pound they are tops on the list.
[signature]
i just remebered that i used to go peir fishing with my dad off the dania beach peir and i hooked into a blue runner and it fought pretty good and it wasent all that big mabye 2-4 lb's and i was actually embarassed by that lol cause i was like WHOOOOOAAA its big lol (fish salt catch ever)
[signature]
Wahoo's and Bat Rays ocean. Freshwater peacock bass and piraiba in South America.
[signature]
I would have to say that if a bluegill was to reach a weight compared to most larger fish, you would have to get some extreme gear to land him. They fight Pound for Pound better than any other fish out there. Immagine trying to land a 20lb bluegill, "it would take a while"!!!!!
[signature]
Hey Dreadnaught. Thanks for registering and participating here.

You have an excellent analogy of a fighting fish. Thanks for sharing this with us.[cool]
[signature]
The bone fish indeed,try a 6lb bone fish on 6lb test
Nearly spooled me twice and after the second run I literaly had no line left!,lucky for me it took a rest after it took me around a piling..

For freshwater the peacock bass or Pacu which is the largest of the pan fish ,it would be like catching a 50lb blue gill!
[signature]
Hey Paulpro,
In your tag-line you have the phrase “Help to outlaw barbed fishing hooks” and I wonder why anyone would want to outlaw barbed hooks? I can understand not using them if that is your conviction and I can see some waters being restricted to barbless hooks for the fancy-pants anglers, but there are some of us fisherman who like to catch fish to eat. As expensive as it has gotten to fish, thanks to over regulation and rich “sportsmen” who want to just catch and release all their fish, if I do not bring home fish for the table I cannot afford to go fishing...just sayin'
[signature]
Its just a catch phrase..got you![shocked]
I don't even fish with barbless hooks,but do pintch down the barb to get the hook out easy..
This way you won't even have to keep the pliers or hook remover with you at all times!
[signature]
I'm going to go with the smallmouth. Sometimes a 1 lb fish will feel like a 5 pounder.
[signature]
My vote is a video vote. My #1 is sturgeon over 7 foot. These fish can go from salt to fresh water. The jump like no other fish, and they can get to absolute monster status. Now catch one in an inflatable pontoon, and with a trout rod. In this video the sturgeon jumps 7 times and almost lands on my pontoon. Ron
[signature]
I would say a toss up between wiper and smallmouth. Ron
[signature]
You have to stop and think about others...especially kids.
I was once hooked at a very tender age by a good 4lb peacock bass,and then again just last week fishing in the rain from jon boat!Luckily I had pinched down the barbs.

Lots of kids get hooked everyday you don't know this cause it hardly makes the news unless its severe
Like I was[frown] ..Kids can be easily traumatized at an early age and may never fish again..I could have been happy if I never fished again but thanks to familly and friends I was finally able to years later.
So yes to answer your question,they should be banned except for licensed fishermen..

[frown][Image: mqdefault.jpg?v=515f98fb][#0066cc]3:55[/#0066cc]
[ul][li][url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4wkV5YojzY"][Image: pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif][/url][/li][li][url "http://www.youtube.com/edit?ns=1&video_id=T4wkV5YojzY"][Image: pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif][/url][/li][li][#0066cc][Image: pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif][/#0066cc][/url][/li][/ul]
[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4wkV5YojzY"]Hand Hook Removal in RAIN[/url]
[signature]