Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not the 10 pounder Ive been promising but.....
Even a nice LMB looks betty in a fiberglass mount. That allows the living one to grow up and be a bigger bass.[cool]
[signature]
Yea, I wish I had let her go. I kinda feel bad about taking her out of the gean pool. Especially after I just heard a guy kept a 11 pounder out of the same spot.
[signature]
I did consider a repo, but Cabela's wanted more money than the taxidermist.[unsure] It was an old breeder from the hatchery.
[signature]
I just looked up bass pro shops repos for my 23 inch rainbow. They want $219. I think I might give it a try after I get my bass done. Just my picture sucks because the fishes colors are really washed out. But I guess they can paint them however you want so I bet it will make a nice mount. If I get it done I'll post pics to let yall know what the repos turn out looking like. Matt
[signature]
That sounds like the going rate from what I have been told time after time. @ 10 bucks and inch is about right.[cool]
[signature]
great looking fish!!!! throw your post up on the bass pike and walleye board. thanx for sharing. should be posting my first mod catch soon.
[signature]
This is the Bass board. Are you referring to the Pike, Muskie and Walleye board???[laugh][laugh]

Bass go here, Big toothy critters over there.[cool]
[signature]
i really need to go fishing on a trophy bass lake, we dont grow them that big around here.
[signature]
You ever come to georgia I could put you on some big ones but tuben2 is the lunker hunter in socal. I think his best is 18.4 pounds!
[signature]
I'm shooting for the 20lb+ this year. Hopefully a new record.[cool]
[signature]
do it. what? do it. do it.
[signature]
Ok, Ok I'll do it. But I will post it here first before I let the rest of the world know about it.[cool]
[signature]
When you catch her Steve, remember the little man! We need to catch the new world record spotted bass in lake lanier right after! So youll have to take a trip with the new ranger bass boat that Im sure youll get for free and meet here in Georgia. [cool]
[signature]
That's for sure bro. I got to pick me up some from wherever I can.[cool]
[signature]
Hey Mattscru,

While you're waiting the year or so to get the mount back, take your photo to a good quailty photography shop. They can put the color back into your fish and improve the quality of your photo greatly. Won't cost much and you'll have a nice picture of her while you wait for the mount.
[signature]
Thanks for the tip, I just might do that. My ex wife took my digital cam so all I have is my cell phone cam and a webcam. I hate it because I like to post as many pics as I can on here. Do you know if they will take a picture on a CD and clean it up? Because all the pics I have of her are on my harddrive.

Matt
[signature]
Matt,
Sorry to hear about your ex taking your digital camera.

The Bad News is: If you took the pictures of your bass on a cell phone camera, chances are that even a really good camera shop isn't going to be able to improve them much, but you should check with one to be sure.
The Good News is: Even if you can't get a good clean photo reprint from what you have you can still get a good artistic re-creation made and printed for you at a very reasonable cost.

Matt, I'm not trying to sell you something. Heaven knows I've got just about all the business I can handle already, but just to show you what can be done and the approximate costs involved, check out [url "http://www.racknrod.com"]www.racknrod.com[/url] It is my web site, and I do this type of work to supplement my retirement income. You can look around in your area to see if you can find someone to do it for you, or I'd be happy to help you out.

Hope you get a digital camera back soon! No fisherman or hunter should be without one.

Good Fishin' & Best Regards,
[signature]