Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the biggest bass you ever caught?
That sound like a good time to :

[black][size 5]Git er Done![cool][/size][/black]
[signature]
Mine was about 6 pounds 8 ounces caught on a black and blue jig with a pork trailer. It was right before a storm moved in!
[signature]
fishingrich, I have caught some huge bass on local ponds here in Utah. Most fisherman around here concentrate on trout. Sometimes I'd rather fish one of the local ponds than a lake or res. The bass don't get any pressure and if you can find out what they're feeding on....Watch out-FISH ON!
[signature]
That girl has some gerth on her! Was she on bed when you caught her? Pretty bass, alot of the ones down here are real washed out looking due to all the muddy water. I wished I had caught that 8.2 on my side picture a few weeks earlier, I bet she might have been 9 1/2 pounds if not 10 with all that roe. She was 26 inches so she could have been 10 easy!
[signature]
Too be honest all I was trying to do was get out of the wind. I went to the rocky cliff side of the lake, about 30' of water 15' from shore and tossed out a rainbow trout swimbait, third cast I think and BAM! Fish on!
[signature]
The biggest I ever caught were the two 5 pounders in my avatar. I was fishing with Ken Penrod, the best guide on the Potomac River. We were fishing the tidal section, south of DC, on the Maryland side.
Now that I'm living in Georgia, I seriously hope to improve my best.
[signature]
I seriously think you can beat that down here too. When I'm on top of my game and the fish are doing their part I'll catch a 4-5 pounder almost everytime I go out. I havent broken 10 pounds yet but I'll see them swiming around alot sitting on bed in the early spring. Trust me, youll catch some good fish in this part of GA.

Matt
[signature]
Here is mine. I have only been fishing for bass for about 8 months now. It was at Pineview Res. in Utah about may 12 of this year. I would say it was between 4 and 5 lbs.
[inline "Biggest Bass yet.jpg"]
[signature]
Nice one Majja. That one counts![cool]
[signature]
My biggest was 18lbs. and he's on my wall....caught him when I was 18 and fishing the pits in South Florida
[signature]
Nice Bass and welcome aboard. Thanks for sharing with us.[cool]
[signature]
7#'s even about 4 years ago. Caught on a purple paddletail worm in Mantua Reservoir near Brigham City, UT. I'll try and get a pic in the next few days.
[signature]
We'll take it. There is no size limit here. You can use the 1/4lb that Petty posted or the 30lb LMB that is waiting to be caught out there.[cool]
[signature]
well guys, i finally caught the big one. i dont think they'll get much bigger than 4 3/4 lbs and 21" from our little lake. ill post pictures when i upload them.

caught it at about 5pm, with a watermelon 5" senko in 2' of water. good fighter, thats for sure.
[signature]
Way to go. I can't wait to see it.[cool]
[signature]
here are the pics. this is the first time ive gotten the lip to stretch from the weight. woohoo

[Image: fish1pl5.jpg]

[Image: fish2jv0.jpg]
[signature]
The easiest way to get the lip to stretch is to catch a bigger Bass. lol

Nice looking fish bro.[cool]
[signature]
Well here it is..

Large mouth- 21 inches 7 lbs

small mouth - 14 inches 5 1/2 lbs

white bass - 12 inches 3 lbs

not very good i don't normally bass fish much but sometimes i will and thats all i got for biggest Smile
[signature]
If you tell me that pond is in your backyard I'm going to cry out of jealousy.
[signature]
haha well not MY backyard, but i know a lot of people on the lake (its private) and they let me fish out there. its only about 25 acres but the fishing is amazing and i'm very lucky to go out there. if anyone is ever in SE WI i'd be happy to give a free guided trip of the lake. [cool]
[signature]