Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the biggest bass you ever caught?
My Biggest bass to date is 8.11 and was caught on 4/1/2007. My Wife's is 7.95 on 4/22/07. you gotta Love Texas.
[signature]
Welcome aboard Wormin 4 bass. We are glad to have you here on the boards.

Thank you for sharing with us too. It is nice to hear how all are doing in their areas.[cool]
[signature]
im thirteen and just started fishing competivly last year, but so far my big fish is a 23 inch 6 pound 8 ounce largemouth...nice fish around here [cool]
[signature]
Welcome aboard MN bass boy. I'm sure you will find some good information here. Good luck on your competitions. Please feel free to share your results here with us.[cool]
[signature]
There ya go agin. And I suppose you just happened to forget the camera at home that day too.

Na, on second thought, I believe ya. Congratulations.

Regards & Good Fishin'
[signature]
I know the big bass often times seem bigger than they are. I think you are a bit on the heavy side for your bass weights. My biggest of those three species are:
Largemouth- 20.5" 4.5 lbs.
Smallmouth- 18" 3 lbs.
White Bass- 16" close to 2 lbs.
Without a good scale they do seem heavier than they really are, especially because pound for pound they fight much harder than most freshwater fish. I remember being excited thinking I had caught five pounders just to weigh them at 2-3 lbs.
[signature]
the only bass i can catch are white bass, dont ever get any LM, SM, anything like that. my biggest was about 14in. and about 1-1½ lbs. just caught it the other night.
[signature]
[Image: m_589ca061c83fe6cd1d5cbe424ced9355.jpg]
Biggest bass, 5 lbs out of saratoga lake in NY

TO GDN443:

I dunno if youve ever fished here before but...I've fished out of champlain 3 times, two times at ticonderoga and one time at crown point. If you like large mouths, head to ticonderoga and launch there. The bass fishing is amazing. If you can get there early enough or stay till sundown while the water is calm, i highly suggest a top water lure called "top knocker". I keep talking about this in all my posts but its just amazing...my last time there was last saturday and we got there a little late so the water wasnt really all that calm but around 3 or 4pm, the wind finaly died down and my first cast with the top knocker, i land a 4 pound 6 ouncer...so i take my pic, let him go, next cast, i land 3 lb 11 ouncer...so i take my pic with him and let em go, next cast a 4 lber...unfortuanatley, the wind started up and the water became a little too choppy and we couldnt stay for the wind to die down again because we had a two hour ride home. The place is loaded with pike, i landed a 27 incher, 22 incher, and i had another one that i was fighitng with for a good 15-20 seconds before i finaly lost my favorite spinner bait[Sad]...but yeah man i wish you good luck and let me know what you catch!!!! Oh, and make sure you watch out for the champ monster!

Heres some pics of my big bassies out of champlain [Wink], yes they are big for NY state

[Image: DSCF0346.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0345.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0348.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0343.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0342.jpg]

Ps. I couldnt imagine reeling in an 18 pound bass with a 6 pound test...good fishing!
[signature]
the biggest i ever cought was a 7 lb. i know it wasent that big but it was a battle and a half. and i was useing a 3lb line. i was scarred. it was a 15 minute battle. sorry no pics. i dropped my dig. camera in the water trying to get a pic. bad day. it was the same day my boat ran out of gas in the middle of the lake. i had to use a flare. it was so imbarrising!
[signature]
also thank you for the pix there very good ill have to try ny.
[signature]
My biggest smallmouth was 8LB 24 1/4" my biggest LM was 6.5LB 23 3/4"...

But we are heading down to Mexico in a few weeks so I'm hopping for a bigger one...
[signature]
Now there's a report I'm looking forward to, take lots of pics.
[signature]
I plain on taking the camera there is 6 of us going as a group....
[signature]
Are you guys planning on hitting Lake Huites?? That place is pretty good for the LMB action.[cool]
[signature]
We are going to El Salto for five days...
[signature]
[reply]
We are going to El Salto for five days... [/reply]
Wow that is awesome. You should check out the videos on youtube of some of giants people have caught there. Good luck and take lots of pics.[Smile]
[signature]
El Salto is nice too. That is one of the better lakes and very close to Mazatlan. Since you are going to be in that side of the country, you might want to check out Lake Baccarac too. It is a bit gigger than El Salto but also worth the trip.[cool]
[signature]
A pair of 7.5 pounders out of Lake Cachuma near Santa Barbara. I'm still convinced they were the same fish! [Wink]
Couple of weeks ago, I snapped off a 10+ pounder. Wrote a blog about it on my site. Too painful to reccount again. [pirate] [laugh]
[signature]
Here is my dad with one that would not fit in the livewell and I dropped it in the water on the way back to the marina, he almost ripped my thumb off . Lake Mission Viejo California.
[signature]
Nice one bro. Your avatar looks cool too.[Wink]
[signature]