Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite top water lure?
Git er done bro! [cool]
[signature]
Not exactly a topwater but a zoom fluke, bass assassin or slugo (if you can still find them) poping out the water does the job for me in almost any topwater condition.
[signature]
I love the Zoom flukes and the Bass Assassins in the 7inch. Sluggos are best at the 12inch level. Gets better bites.[cool]
[signature]
I agree Steve, I'm having trouble finding anything but zoom flukes around here. Bass assassins used to be my bread and butter lure. Ive caught 90% of my bass over 6lbs on a soft plastic jerkbaits. My 9 pounder a few years ago was off a rattleback jig with a craw trailer, funny because I hardly ever use big jigs [Wink]. Hopefully I'll break that 10 pound mark soon and I bet its off a fluke.
[signature]
I have one Tackle store by me that is slowly fading out of their Bass Assassin stuff. They are loading up with the new Trix F/X line. They already have the 7 different sizes of the Minnows in 12 different colors.

A lot of them just sit on the wall so I told them to bring back the Assassins if they wanted some inventory that doesn't collect dust.[laugh][laugh]lol
[signature]
Mine would have to be the Rebel Pop'r too. I like it cause its smaller and has a nice action to it. I like the orange belly on it too.
[signature]
i really like white or lime green buzzbaits or the occasional hoola popper. cant go anywhere with out it
[signature]
Hey Steve, I went out to JimFlash's place on lake sinclair, ga the other night. Caught a few bass and some crappie but we stopped at the bait shop and the have the motherload of bass assassins! Of course I got some, cant wait to get those bad boys in the water.
[signature]
Way to go bro. Nice Score. I'm getting ready to score on a close out on some of the FX and some others that they are getting rid of over here.[cool]
[signature]
does anyone here use yozuri?????????
they use to have a sick lineup of freshwater lures a couple years back really nice cranks and poppers, i like the long stick for walking hte dog, i think there newst version is called the banana boat, i also think the chug bugs work pretty decently.
i dont think top water is as prominent in many lakes as others especially in ct or at least the lakes and ponds i fish, im doing a trip to the cow ponds in northern ct this weekend well see how that goes
[signature]
I'd like to see some pics of CT bass if that's alright[Smile].
[signature]
yea hopefully ill get out today fish some small ponds, ill get some good pics by next monday as my cousin another fish maniac at the age of 10, prollu get a small boat out on some sick water, i have a couple pictures of some decent fish

*****I had to remove picture. Please post a new one but no more than 400 pixels wide******* thanks TN2
[signature]
Salt water chug bug. green back orange belly
[signature]
Broken Back Rapala, has always seemed to be my goto top water. Its the "twitch" that kills them.
[signature]
On e thing Ive noticed with any topwater (atleast for me) rainbow trout colors always seem to produce even where Im at and theres no trout for over 100 miles. I think they might resemble a sunfish, or maybe the fish just arent used to seeing that color pattern and want to check it out? Anyone else expeirance this?

Matt
[signature]
That's interesting Matt! hmmm... I don't think I even own any 'Bow colored top water plugs..

I'll have to try that [Wink]
[signature]
i like the zara spook and for over pads i have good luck with the ZOOM horny toad..
[signature]
It is interesting that you would bring that up. I have done the same thing. I have had good results with the Firetiger pattern and even some of the minnow patterns.

Are there any Saltwater Bass angers out there?

Big Hammer and Worm Kings do well with certain species of Saltwater Bass.[cool]
[signature]
I never have had much luck with lures before today. Before I only ever got the tiniest blue gill I have ever caught and the hooks were to big for it. It hit just right. It was some lure but Rapala which makes a nice fishing knife but sucks at lures. Today I bought a new lure that I heard people talking about out by where I fish. I just listened in as a guy on a boat gave out tips to another guy on what lure to use. I bought the jitterbug and I got 2 bass today I did not stay very long as it thundered and I headed out to be out of the storm. I love the black jitterbug. I even used it in murky water and it is supposed to best at night which I caught them in the day. Not much of a fight from bass. I just throw bass back. I only keep channel catfish anymore. They taste good. Yeah the jitterbug is the best thing since the wheel. It will give me something to play with while I wait for channel catfish to role in.
[signature]
buzzbaits.
[signature]