Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing addiction just a phase?
I think you go through phases, well for me anyway. I never told my missus that I was a fisherman when I met her...little did she know!
Fortunately I have some good lakes on my doorstep with some cracking fish in, I can pop down for a few hours where others have to travel all over the country to get to.
However in the last two years my tackle has been stolen three times, the third time I was not insured so that put an end to most of it...for now!
[signature]
I really enjoy sitting outside fishing. I try to go out and fish as much as I can afford. Right now that means about twice a month. I just started really fishing last year and so far the learning experience has been fun.

I'm addicted enough to say I wish I could telecommute from the lake Big Grin
[signature]
Sure you did not make this add?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8O3Plt8DyMk
[signature]
If it is just a phase then it is going to be a long one. I have had the addiction for years now. Some days are much worse than others... Sometimes when it is 70 degrees and the sun is shineing all I want to do is go out to the waters....
[signature]
As much as I enjoy fishing, I can't say that I'm an addict. However, it is something I enjoy and something that I don;t always devote enough time to.
[signature]
I get really moody in between fishing sessions. I only fish about once a week and I have symptoms of withdrawal in between. I watch ESA (extreme sport angler) almost everyday and play Trophy Bass but I still stay up thinking about my next fishing outing. Ugh, I'm really Sad right now since it's only just Wednesday.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]Sounds like you need some professinal help. [Wink] [/#000000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000][/#000000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]It it is any help to you here is what I do. Before I head out on fishing trip I "plan" out what I want to "accomplish" and what will "satisfy" me. Then, when heading back, no matter what happened I call it a 'good time spent' and plan for the next outing. Somehow that helps with my anxiety. Although it probably makes no sense. [crazy] [/#000000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]Sounds like you need some professinal help. [Wink] [/#000000][/font]
[#0000ff]Yes, I think I do.[/#0000ff]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000][/#000000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]It it is any help to you here is what I do. Before I head out on fishing trip I "plan" out what I want to "accomplish" and what will "satisfy" me.
[#0000ff]Since I'm basically a beginner and I mainly fish stocked ponds/lakes my only goal is to catch something/anything. The ponds are great for me since I know there are fish but sometimes bad as there can be too many people fishing. As long as my line is in the water and I get a few bites I'm satisfied. There are a lot of rivers around but chances of catching anything are slim to none as I don't have enough experience and I don't know where the fishies are. I'm located in Vietnam by the way.

[/#0000ff]Then, when heading back, no matter what happened I call it a 'good time spent' and plan for the next outing. Somehow that helps with my anxiety. Although it probably makes no sense. [crazy] [/#000000][/font][/quote]
[signature]
Tell you what - When you get withdraws, Watch this catch!!!

Here

My wife an I live on the water (Lake Ontario) so its only natural to fish.
[url "http://s368.photobucket.com/albums/oo122/romo585/Home/?action=view&current=104_1972.jpg"]
View from my Porch[/url]

I have to say that in order for you to get your wife on-board... Live right on the body of water your fishing? At least your in your front yard [Wink]
[signature]
[fishin] My grandfather started taking me fishing when I was 4 yrs old. I have loved it ever since. I go every chance that I get. I will be off work for Christmas vacation(going to California for a week), but the week after I will be crappie fishing every day that there is not a wind advisory for the lake. I'm glad that I don't have to be back to work till Jan. 5th.
[signature]
Very Nice!!! I wish I had that much time off!!
[signature]
That includes holidays and vacation days(5)
I get 4 weeks a year, I have been at my job for 22 yrs.
I like it.[cool]
[signature]
I had to remove the link to your vidio lead, reason is because it is on a site with a forum.

you are more than welcome to upload your vidios here on this site for no charge.

sory, that is one of those rules that must be observed.
[signature]