Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Brown again!!!
been there done that my little bro lives in twin falls not sure if it was 9ft but never got him in it was a workout for this fat old man seen him once he looked 6ft or better maybe. im sure i hooked into a bigger one on the sacramento river it spooled me and there was nothing I could do about it theres alot of pics in the cafe at freeport just 10 miles outside of sac theres huge fish in that river
[signature]
Hi Cliff, I know you are a sportsman also,[Wink]
And like I said at the start I do C&P&R on most all of my fish, and yes I keep a few Bow and Kokanee to eat,
But only what we will eat,
As far as wall mounts I have only had two big Macks mounted and on the wall one my wife caught and one I caught,We have caught several Macks in the 20 to 30 plus rang and I have released every one and all my big Browns I have released also, Like I said if I was to stick a big brown over 10 pounds I would perobaly have it mounted and put it on the wall also, The big one that my budy got that my son was holding in that pitcher I did trie to get him to release it but he wanted it for his wall, and like you and I both said we can't tell any one what to do, and the guy that caught it has never caught a fish that big so he was not going to give it up so that is his dasison. also I don't like the way browns taste anyway,
I prefer kokanee or catfish. The smaller cannel cat and the best eating anyway I think I always relaese the big cannel cats also.
So go stick yourself some Bass , And I will go get my self some Kokanee to eat , and we will both be happy. [Wink][Wink][Wink][fishin]
[signature]
I have read your post in the past that is why I said I hope he had it mounted..

Good fishing and catch a big one for me...[Wink]

Maybe some day we can share some water...
[signature]
Hey Roger,

Haven't been out since Yuba. We wanted to go this weekend but decided to save our money for our disneyland trip.

Adam did put my photos of James with his Perch and my Photo of the ice crystals on Yuba Ice. But we did not get the Snapsot of the week. It went to a dead pheasant picture. Well it wasn't dead in the picture but I'm sure 2 seconds after the snapshot was the 12 gauge shot ha ha.

Doing well, Thank You.
[signature]
[Wink]
Hey Hooter Patrol, I'm an Idaho transplant and have been following your posts on here for some time. You catch some beautiful browns at the 'Nelle. I got a new Tracker Tundra this winter and have fishing fever really bad. I'd like to hit some soft water this weekend to try out all my rigging upgrades and finish breaking in the motor. Is there a ramp open at the 'Nelle?

Thanks, Todd Hall.....
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Good to have you on the forum,
I don't think it is, But I haven't be up there in a while?
The last time I was, The ramp was still snow packed in ?
I'm headed up to the gorge this weekend and taking the boat, I know there is open water up there,
I'm going up to chase the Mac's around ? [fishin]
I think it will be awhile still before the nelle is ready for us [Wink]
PS. Thanks for the complement on the browns.
[signature]
Never fished for macs, but now that I have a better boat it is definately on the agenda to get done this year. I don't have down riggers,do you use down riggers or fish another method? I've seen them caught on jigs in the north country and Canada on TV, but never been around anyone that fished for them.

Good luck this weekend, hope to see you on the water some time. I spend allot of time fishing for walleyes. Kind of addicted to that, salt water salmon/halibut, and fly fishing.If I ever figure out how to re-format pictures I'll post some.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water