Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Brown again!!!
I have to agree with you Bigearl. I think that is a great fish and I think he should have it mounted. I remember the first big brown I caught I had it mounted. It is there to always remind me of the day I caught it and I think the skin mounts look 100 times better than the fakes. I don't think you should have to justify having a fish mounted. I only keep fish if I am going to eat them the same day. I don't agree with filling the freezer with fish to get them freezer burned and then throw them away.
[signature]
Thanks guys,
You know I have one of the big Macks that my wife caught on the wall, and I have one of the big Mack that I have caught on the wall , and every time we pass by them we bow and pray to the fish god [Wink]
But I do agree that you should not keep every one you catch.
[signature]
That kind of fish or any fish that is on the great big size like that fish is should not be kepted for eating but as I said in my answer "I hope he had it mounted" if this isn't what you want to hear too bad this is how I fell about big fish that some of us love to catch & release so others can have a chance of a life time...

And if he does have it mounted I pat him on the back and say nice catch, and thanks for posting...
[signature]
people that catch big fish like that then they should be abel 2 keep it to mount i was up their to day fished 45ft of water done realy well fore the bows and caut a brown not as big as that nice fish was using paddel bugs in pink with meal worms [Wink][Wink]
[signature]
If they are big enough(over 26" or so) you can cut steaks out of them. Those are the best to eat....
[signature]
Like I said- Crap

You don't need to turn every post with a big fish picture into a lecture on CPR. Let people enjoy their moment and start a new thread where you can rant about the evils of eating fish.

As soon as I saw the pic I knew you would chime in with your lecture series again, and sure enough there it was.
[signature]
Your making me hungry. [Smile]
[signature]
Hey sparky2003,
Good to have you on the site,
The for the good words, and glad you had a good day you there, hope you don't catch all those bow, also glad to here you got a brown, did you get any pitchers,
How big was it. [crazy]
[signature]
If you read what I said you will see that I hoped he had it mounted...[Wink][crazy]
[signature]
Nice brown you are holding...

If everyone kepted them and killed them would you have that one to hold???
[signature]
19 in dident have my camara but fished just out of the main marina by the boat docks in 45 ft of water the brown was on the bottom i took ur advise thanks i was marking lots of fish [Wink][Wink][Wink]
[signature]
I'm glad I made your day>>>..[cool][Wink][Smile][sly][Image: happy.gif][Image: bobwink.gif][smile][;)][cool][angelic][laugh][sly][fishin]
[signature]
I'll bet ya nobody had ever even hooked that fish until i did. I know NOBODY who would have released that fish especially out of there. 95% of the people can't or don't catch fish like that. Your telling me that 5% of the people will wipe out your "trophy fish"? Mine makes [#ff0000]4 [#000000]caught out of there that i know of anywhere near that size.[/#000000][/#ff0000] It is a put and take fishery. Should we release all the 6" splake we catch or the 10" kokes so they will get to trophy proportions?
All of those 13" perch you are keeping out of Yuba COULD be state records next year. Why do you keep them? What if i want to go down there to catch those fish? I can't because you caught them already.[Wink]
[signature]
The law states very clearly what you can and cannot do with any particular fish. As long as you're staying within those guidelines, it's nobody's damn business what you do with it. If someone has an issue with that, take it up with a lawmaker and leave the angler the hell alone.[mad]

Nice Brown man and thanks for sharing.[cool]
[signature]
verry verry true you said it. each their own[sly][sly]
[signature]
Man, after reading this post, I will make sure that I prepare myself to take the beating for keeping a really nice fish like this no matter what the reason.... WOW. I am surprised at how much sh*t this guy is getting for keeping this fish, he cant even describe the fish without someone criticizing the words he uses. Here is the reality as I see it, maybe I am crazy though. It is obvious that this guy has put alot of time and energy into the learning curve to catch browns at jordanelle or else he would not continue to catch them. As far as keeping it, whether he is eating or mounting it, or puting it in the freezer for later is his business. Dont you think that if his goal is to catch big browns at the nelle he knows what to do to improve his odds and everyone elses??? I do... So, Hooter patrol, thats a nice fish, congrats!!! Good Job, I will be looking forward to the next pic of the next big brown you catch. Maybe one of these days, you and I can have a chat and you would be willing to put me in the ballpark as far as those browns and the nelleSmile
[signature]
[#6000bf]Nevermind 'ol "Perch Killer". I have murderd several [/#6000bf][#6000bf]good sized browns, mac's, and rainbows. I even killed [/#6000bf][#6000bf]a few bass out of Hyrum several years ago.[/#6000bf]
[#6000bf][/#6000bf]
[#6000bf]For those that catch and keep big fish, please post the [/#6000bf][#6000bf]pic's. That is the main reason I come on this site; to [/#6000bf][#6000bf]see pic's of big fish.[/#6000bf]
[#6000bf][/#6000bf]
[#6000bf]I will never ever feel the need to justify myself to people [/#6000bf][#6000bf]on the internet. Its hilarious to think they would have any [/#6000bf][#6000bf]sway on my judgement.[/#6000bf]
[#6000bf][/#6000bf]
[#6000bf]By the way, that 9lb mac I got out of bear lake made some of the best fish steaks I had ever eaten....[/#6000bf]
[signature]
You know ctizzfishin, it takes a big person to say what you just said, and I truly appreciate it,
I guess by now every one knows I am a trophy fisherman and I truly love my sport, and I also know that if we don't put back, it wouldn't last. but to keep one here and the there is okay if you want to eat it or mount it you caught it and if it is legal then fine , but also we the sportsman have to be responsible for are own sport also we are the caretaker of it, and yes if we want to have a trophy fishery then yes we do need to put back also,
but that goes for everyone not just with the big fish but everyone need to think about, Do I need to catch a full limit. or should I live some for next time, well I won't eat that many anyway,???
And yes C&P&R works , C&R, works slot limit works,all the tools work if used properly, but I think we still are the care takers of are sport so everyone should try to under stand what it all means,
(What did the old trapper use to do, selective harvest, )
because if they would have keep every pelt, they would not have a job the next year, so they left plenty to breed for the next season, well I think what I'm saying is I being a trophy fisherman that I would be the one that would most rely on releasing as many as I can, but I also know that if a fish is getting to old or is looking bad and is not going to make it then it is going home with me or how ever I may be guiding that day, so I think you can have your cake and eat it to, but we do all have to give back,
and as far as the Kokanee up at the gorge they don't serve as good as the trout dose so when people try to release the kokanee most of them are going to dyeing anyway ,
So it comes down to what i've been saying the kokanee are great to eat, just don't fill your hole freezer with kokanee. and if we save a few on the 4th year or so we will have a lot of monster kokanee,[Smile]
So every one need to take a deep breath and say that makes sense , how dose it go, Lets dry are eyes and go catch some darn big fish?// [Wink]
And remember that the DWR can only do so much ,[crazy][mad]
Please no more regulations !!!!! just enforce what you have already.[Smile]

PS. Trophy fishing is there for every one to learn!!!! [Wink]
Also I stuck this one last year and it is going on my wall,
So I can bow and pray to the fish god some more .[:p]
[signature]
hey man dont let them get to ya! i catch my fair shair of big fish and take them home to eat as well.. or put on the wall what ever.. it's my fish and i dont realy care if the cry baby's on this sit or any other sit want to wine and cry about it!! all i got to say to them is luarn how to fish and you will be catching fish like that to!! there is not a shortage of big fish in Utah! and when one big fish is remover from the lake there is aways another waiting to step up and take it's place!!

what i think is funny is the guy's that say they want the big fish to stay in the lake so everyone has a chance to catch one?(meaning them self's of corse) i beleve 90% of the fish are in 10% of the water & 90% of the big fish are caught by 10% of the fishermen..

so just ask them if they are part of the 10% club or the 90% club? lol [sly]
[signature]
Okay Ron,
I've been doing all this writting and you just now come on and save me thanks buddy!!!!!!!!! [Wink]
Good job, [sly]
[signature]