Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Brown again!!!
[cool][#0000ff]Looks like the radiation is dying down a bit so I will pop in.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Don't pet the sweaty stuff...or however that goes. Always consider the source when someone "pops off" on one of your threads. Chances are that most of the detractors are just jealous. Most of them never have the OPPORTUNITY to decide whether or not to release a big fish.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]On the other hand, some folks always sing the same old song...regardless of the circumstances. Wouldn't matter if you kept a big carp, they would bash you for keeping or killing it. Closet "PETAites". And, then again, as you well know, SELECTIVE harvest is the best hope for a good fishing future. But, as a licensed angler who invests good money in equipment and in getting on the water, you have the right to make your own decisions about what to do with your catch...as long as it is legal. No need to feel bad because somebody else wants to bring you down from the enjoyment you are sharing about your succsss.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Props to ya. You got the personal fortitude to deal with the naysayers and to maintain your "ascendancy"...and your attitude. It is too bad but we have lost a lot of members over the years who posted up first reports with big fish...and other "regulars" bashed them for 1. keeping the fish, 2. holding the fish wrong 3. having blood in the picture 4. making incorrect estimates for weight or length 5. falsely accusing of violations 6. other stupid comments that were unwarranted and unnecessary...especially for a newbie.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Keep on keepin' on. I got yer back.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey TubeDude,
You just made my day, [Smile]
And thank you for everything you do for this site,
Also any time I can cover your back I will be there !!![Wink]
Us old timers need to cover each others backs now days.
I'm a newbe per say to the site / But I'm a old time fisherman !!!!![fishin]
from the old school of fishing, and we need to pass it on
to the new kids on the block, [sly]
My teacher was old man Clark (Fred ) at Clarks camp.
late 60's early 70's so yes I was schooled by one of the best of the best old timers, I used to clean the boats out at night and he would let me use a boat the next day to fish, that is were I spent my school vacations 3 months, every year for a lot of years, and when Fred would have time he would take me out fishing with him, That man could catch the big ones back then, Like I said he was the BEST of the BEST,
So thank you again TubeDude,[Wink]
[signature]
[quote Hooter_Patrol]Thanks guys,
But I do agree that you should not keep every one you catch.[/quote]

You are absoulutely correct on that one. If they are too small to fillet then I let em go for another year!!!!!!!

Otherwise....
[signature]
Hey there Im4trout how are you doing,
I haven't heard from you in a while,
I see that you've been doing some ice fishing ??[fishin]
If they are that small my hook won't fit in it's mouth anyway,[sly] so I don't have that problem .
So go with a bigger hook and bigger bait Ha,Ha
Is the kid still out fishing you [Smile] ?
Tell the family I said hi,
good luck, Roger [fishin]
[signature]
nothin wrong with someone keeping a spawned out fish now maybe if it was still spawning or getting ready to that fish did its job now its going to fill someones stomach, i think they call that the circle of life
[signature]
Man there is a brutal crowd of pro-life fisherman around here. I have respect for both groups as i practice c&r and i also keep fish to eat/mount whatever. Keep posting pictures of your fish, alive or dead it doesn't matter. After all you're the one who used your gas and your time and all your available resources to catch it, if the law says you can keep it i think it's your decision if that fish goes back or goes home with you. People get jealous about big fish, if you said you let it go somebody would accuse you of doing something else wrong i'm sure. Take a limit, let em all go, at the end of the day i doubt you've made anything close to an "impact" on the fishery, and remember me and lunkerhunter2 have your back if you want to "murder" some fish for any reason.
[signature]
A 6" fish yes I would release it (who wants a trout 6"long) but a fish that is over 22" on up yes, and one from Jordanelle all day long...Who wants to eat mercury ?? when the smaller trout and rainbows are safe to eat...

And perch in Yuba sorry the law says all perch up to 10 must be kept...When I fish Yuba in the summer I don't keep them...
[signature]
Hey bassrods glad you got out okay, and glad to see the wheeler is out also,
Now on to the debate over the mercury there is mercury all over the place and studies have shown that it is in a lot of ducks and fish and other birds ext., so how can you say that rainbows don't have it in them but other fish dose have it in them, yes maybe they do eat what ever is in front of them but you know as well as I do that fish will take in what ever is in front of them if they are hungry, so if bugs or crayfish or whatever is eaten by the bows and the bugs and crayfish have been on the bottom and also mixed up with everything else, on the bottom, how do you figure that a brown is going to get poisoned and nothing else will?
I've also panned for gold in american fork above the lake
and found mercury there from the old miners just setting on the bottom, so if a fish was to see the silver you don't think it wouldn't eat it or try to rainbows love silver flash,
also for a fish to have a naught mercury in it to poisson someone, heck people have been eating fish for ever
and that damn mercury has been there for ever also,
so I guess everyone that has eaten browns and ducks ext. is going to be able to take your temperature right, I don't think so?
Also so while I here , How many big fish are caught in a year from one lake to make that much of a defiance
heck the only time you can even catch a big fish in most of the lakes around here is in the fall or winter or spring and not that many people catch them anyway and a lot of people put them back anyway so what is the problem,
I know you want all of they for your self. That just is not right, we have the right to fish also. [Wink]
[signature]
Well first off I don't want all the big fish, I only want to catch them...[Wink]

Rainbows are planted at a catchable size most of the time + until they get to 15" to 20+" they eat bugs for the most part...

Browns will start on other fish and other bigger food sooner sometimes at 5" to 6" and get it from their food, the bigger bass and some of the other types of fish have it as well...

Mercury does not kill right away but can lead to other diseases and heavy metal poisoning and more...
[signature]
You know that everything now days has something wrong with it, and they say that everything is going to kill us,
heck I'm on oxygen 24/7 with COPD but mercury didn't do it,
I've been tested for heavy metals and didn't have any in me, I have eaten cat fish, walleyes, browns,cuts, white bass, all kinds of ducks and geese, I played with mercury when I was a kid like a lot of us, heck the air and water has more pollution in it, And that will probable kill us way before heavy metal will plus all the additives in are food, So a few fish are not going to make a lot of difference, I guess if you was to eat fish all the time maybe you might have a problem, So I will catch and eat a few fish and have fun doing it, and if I get a wall hanger brown over 10 pounds it will go on may wall, and if someone wants one on there wall be a pound or 20pounds that is for them to decide, not me or you. if you get one and you want to take a pitcher all the better or anyone else, [Wink]
[signature]
I love this forum. LOL
[signature]
It is a lot of fun and informational [Image: happy.gif]
Heck I didn't know I was to darn smart: [laugh][sly][Wink] LOL
[signature]
Wall hangers are great I hope you get all you want, I can tell you are not one of the ones that have to stock the freezer so they can show everyone you can catch a fish or two...

good luck and catch a bunch...[Wink][fishin]
[signature]
Yo BassGod,
I agree with everything you say.Its nice to see that your a real sportsman.Some say thats it your choice to do what ever you want with your fish.I'd have to agree with that ,however its my choice to let them go and tell anyone that fishes on my boat that everything thats caught will be released.If they don't like it they can go without me.[#ff0000][/#ff0000]Thats my choice.[:/][#000000][/#000000] I like watching them swim away its make me feel good.[Smile] Maybe someone could help me I've often wondered what kind of tolerance a fish has for pain? I think by now you know I'm a releaser but if I ever decided to slay one I think I'd have to pop it on the head once or twice so it don't flop around trying to land back in the water where it belongs.Put them out of its misery please.Load your coolers if you want.[frown] I think the obvious point that Bassgods trying to make is let the trophy go.Think about how fun that trophy was to catch for you, let someone else have a chance to feel good also.
One more thing that was mentioned on this post was derogatory in regards to newbees.Without newbees this sight wouldn't be around today nor would it grow.Ya I'm a newbee,but that don't mean that I don't have same right to speak my mind does it? If everyone liked the same team we wouldn't be watching the superbowl this weekend.

Rapalas make the big catch on 4th and goal.
[signature]
"Yo BassGod,
I agree with everything you say"
[#00ff00]LMMFAO! So it seems[/#00ff00] [crazy]
[signature]
Yo Lunkerhunter why do you give people so much crap. I read your replys, Im new to this site and i read to find out ways to catch more fish, you boarder on trying to pick fights and thats not cool. I feel you are a representitive of Bigfishtackle who I believe everyone on this site is. I hope to fish with Bassrods this year and a lot more people who use this site. You told one angler you cant wait to see him on the lake this year, and I dont think you wanted to give him tips on fishing, I also see you take jabs at Bassrods and bigfishwanted, I have fished with him and I dont no if theres a nicer guy out there. Its true his boat is catch and release only, But no one has to go on his boat, but if they were to go its a wonderful fun day of fishing. He just trys to spread the word, as an angler I respect that, I like to eat fish that I have caught, but I did'nt mind putting them back that day. I would also love to read tips on walleye,tiger, bass, etc. that you may have. I truley hope to see you on the lake this year, and I hope you have a big Smile and a bigger fish on your line. Hope this dont upset you its just what I feel.

PS you really dont want to piss off bigfishwated he's a super nice guy [cool]
[signature]
[shocked] I can't quite get myself on your level.That reminds of a piece of gum that I left behind thats out of flavor.Sorry dude I can't help you I don't chew juicy fruit.

Rapalas swim to a [#ff0000]low[/#ff0000] [#ff0000]level.[/#ff0000]
[signature]
I can't help myself. I just like to pick fights with everyone. Sorry if i upset you. Some people just ask for it.[sly]
I did not attack bigfishwanted. I simply said i was laughing about his comment about calling Cliff bassgod. You obviously have not been here long enough to see the reasoning.
The other guy, pointer whatever, has it coming. He has no "good" or "helpful" posts to his credit. He is a TROLL. I might get under some peoples skin once in a while(or alot to some) but i help wherever i can and if people ask questions i answer best i can.
As for C&R, i have NO PROBLEM WITH IT! It really gets to me when people constantly ride others about it. Bassrods does every time he replies to a post.
Hopefully you aren't too upset. I am sure bigfishwanted IS a real nice guy.[cool]
[signature]
No Problem LH

Figured you were a nice guy, not trying to be the peace maker ive just fished with some of these guys and there all cool and great fisherman I love the sport fished for alot of bass, steelhead and salmon just trying to learn how to fish for the biguns. Need to feel that pullllllll when I pull. The 42lb salmon I caught took me 50 min to get in 13lb steelie was a fight for life and I need to find that here in Utah I will be picking for tips on tiger muskie from you hope you dont mind.

Crankin and Yankin[fishin]
[signature]
You should go battle a 9' sturgeon. If you want pull, they will give it to you ALL day.[Wink]
[signature]