Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutler Walleye
from what i have noticed the smallies will show up about 3 weeks after the eyes do. I have heard they spawn right after the eyes but i think that they are waiting for the eye eggs to hatch sense the gestation period of the eggs is only about a month. I dont know i could be completly off just my thinking.
[signature]
I think your right they spawn pretty close to the same time where buckets are later. Actually I was referring to Summer and Fall pre spawn fishing on the river all the way up to Narrows dam. 9 times out of 10 if I catch an Eye I'm sure to pull in a big Smallie!
Smiles Always!
MA
[signature]
we have caught a couple smallies in that 3 to 5 lb range while cat fishing. I love to catch them. I actualy kept one and it wasnt bad to eat either, i doubt i will keep any more just had to try it.
[signature]
They are pretty tasty. My brother injured one once, so we gave it a try. Not as good as walleye, but tasty. I love them too much to keep them though, I'll save the panfish for the pan. I can't wait to hit the smallies up there. River fishing for smallmouth is probably my favorite kind of fishing.
[signature]
WOW! Five pound Smallie is mount material!! The biggest I ever caught was 18" and I imagine around 3llbs. They aren't bad for the eats but I throw em back to catch em again! Fiesty Fighters! Gotta love it!!
Smiles Always!
MA
[signature]
i have let all but one loose, i think in 4 or 5 years a 5 lb will be common. they havnt been there very long or i havnt caught them very long 6 years i think or around there is the first i caught. I also caught a 16 inch large mouth out of the river last year.
[signature]