Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutler Walleye
Tell your mom in law to get online and give us a fishin lesson. great lookin eyes![fishin]
[signature]
Boy oh Boy those are some toads!!! Now I may have to risk putting the boat on Cutler!!! Any ideas where to start fishing for them on Cutler?
TS
[signature]
LOL, I take it they believe you now.......LOL she is a AWSOME help for the eyes very very smart when it comes to those fish...... she has already helped me out a lot with them on the bear river on the idaho side........
[signature]
Unfortunately I'm stuck on the banks. I guess I could take my tube out, but I have a thing about going out in stained water where I don't know what's underneath. I'm hoping to get a canoe to explore all those back waters. Benson is wide open, no ice at all. I believe there around the bridge is where I'm going to head later this week. If nothing else the bullhead should keep me busy. I'll let you know what happens.
[signature]
She's worked pretty hard figurin' them 'eyes out, i'm not so sure she'd be ready to show off all her secrets[:p] Haha Ma's a pretty awesome lady i'm sure she'll see this and might give a hint or two.
[signature]
JimmiJack,

Where is Cutler? Also, if you look at my profile I have an article there that I worte on walleye fishing that I would LOVE to get feedback on.
[signature]
here is a pic of one caught upstreem on the idaho side.
[signature]
cutler is a resivore on the bear river to the west of logan.
[signature]
BEAUTY! I really need to try gettin' into some eye's a little more this year!
[signature]
Cutler is on the west side of cache valley. it runs from hwy 30 north almost to newton. there's three "marinas" (just a boat ramp and a courtesy dock) maintained by pacificorp (they own the plant on the dam). My friend and I have caught bullhead, channels, and crappie. He actually landed a 6 lb channel last summer. I've also heard that there's bass, trout, and walleyes in there. I've never caught any but I don't doubt they're in there because it's fed by the bear, little bear, and logan, plus a few other streams.
[signature]
I think my nose was itchin and ears burnin! THANKS GUYS!! I've fished Cutler quite a bit boat and shore. It's not my favorite for Eye's. I've seen boats and waverunners stuck out there when the waters low. Pretty darn funny! If you stay in the channel with a flat bottom and troller your fine! Rubby raftin for carp and kitties is fun out there too. My favorite at Culter are the 12" Crappy! NUMMY NUMMY!
I'll let out a lil secret for this time of year with the eyes! Go throw a jig or spoon tipped with nightcrawler into the junker cars!! Eye's are lurkers and school up! Show me your big ones!!!
Smiles Always!!
MA
[signature]
Foot long crappie almost excite me more than the walleye. I really need to work on Cutler this year. Now if I only knew where the junker cars were.
[signature]
junker cars? havent seen any on cutler maybe the carbodies down at corrine?
[signature]
Hey FISHINMA, would you be willing to give a few suggestions as where when and what to fish for kitties and crappie on Cutler for an Idaho boy that might head down to Cutler this summer? Any help would be muchly appreciated! Thanks.

DeeCee [Smile]

From the Idaho Forum.
[signature]
LOL! I did give 4 good clues to Eye's!Channel(movin water), junkers(debris), The lure, and lurk in schools. Yes zman there are junkers N/W of old train bridge at Cutler! Good fishin kiddo! All the other species are pretty darn cool there too! Good luck! Hey have you got pics of your sweeties?Love to see them! If you need help hollor...."MONSTER HELP"!!
Smiles Always!
MA
[signature]
another hint this time of year is they are getting ready to spawn so they will be in shallow 2 - 10 ft is what they prefer to spawn in. Aslo they need rocks to spawn on so if you can get those 2 things and put them together, just spend the time and you will catch them.
[signature]
Hey quit givin more tips out they got enough for one day!!lol! Just joshin! Eye's are tricky! We could give them all the info to catch em...there is a Knack to them rather it's river or lake!!!...as with other species! GL everyone!
With a BIG FAT SMILE!!!
[signature]
thats the reason i dont have much of a problem giving hints out on the eyes cause you can be fishing with everything you need and the right place and still not catch fish.
[signature]
So far my best method of catching walleye is to fish for bass. I'm determined that this is going to be the year that I actually go walleye fishing and catch a walleye.
[signature]
Your absolutely right gstott! I have a pic of a 18" Smally I caught at the Narrows last Fall while going for Eye's. They seem to hang out together. Also I have caught Eye's anytime of the day but mostly at dusk in Cutler area fishing for Buckets!
Smiles Always!
MA
[signature]