Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge guide advice
I didn't post any hateful things about you.
All I did was to recommend that the poster wait for TJ, for his trip.
If the poster wants to go with you, then he will.

As far as guiding, it's not that tough. Just some hoops to jump through and some deals to be made. Getting set up to guide is the easy part. Growing a viable sustainable business that will be able to save enough for new equipment while feeding a family is 10 times harder than getting set up to guide.
Like being a contractor, the 4 years proven experience, tests and paperwork is easy compared to fighting for jobs against illegals that can underbid you because they pay no insurance or taxes. (illegals as used in this case means "unlicenced or un-insured companies")
[signature]
Ok so where is your hard evidence, statistics, proof, that there are not thousands of them in the Gorge. Hook marks?

If you catch a mack and want to keep it. Knock it on the head and appologize to no one!!!!
[signature]
Heck dont bother with a guide. Just pull your boat over of the school of Mac-a-doo and bomb a lures at em. Slap em around a few times with the lure and soon you'll get Mac Smacked. Nothing to it.
Infact, I know a certain someone that fishes with me quite often and swears its far tougher catching big carp than Big Mac. Might be true too because I have NEVER seen that certain someone hook a carp, large or small, yet the same person has boated and iced Many Many Big Mackies. Right 3M ?
[signature]
Okay I have to leave my two cents !

If we have Regulations set buy the state ( DWR ) and they are followed then what is the deal ?
I've wrote in the past that I keep one or two small ones to eat and I have a couple on the wall,
But I release most all that I stick and if I have someone that wants to keep a limit or gets one over 28" That is there choice!!!!! they paid for there license and they have that right to take a limit no matter how I feel about it ?[:/]
I fish and keep the kokanee I stick to eat and that is my choice, (some good eating)[Wink]
I also had my guide license. and guided on Utah lake in the 80's and I know how clients can be ?[pirate]
I also have my owne construction company. and I also have to compete against these unlicenced people ? also
and I hear more outcry over someone keeping a fish than I do the contoractor trying to keep his Business because he can't compete with these ( illegals )[mad]

So I think that it is not just the guide, I have never used a guide but I have been a guide,
and I respect what all of the guides up at the gorge, they all have there rules that they set for there boat.
Capt. Jim is the best at jigging for those big old Macs and Kyle knows his kokanee, and Steve knows how to troll for the Macs, So it all depends on what you are looking for,

PS. BFW sticks big Macs and he releases all his fish and that is way cool also even though he is a vegetarian [sly][sly][sly]
[signature]
[#000080]May this be the Flaming Gorge/Mack thread that doesn't require several edits, deletes and eventual locking by us moderators. A guy can dream can't he?[/#000080]
[signature]
I'm playing nice [angelic][sly][sly][Wink] ALMOST ?

Now Kent you know that could never happen [Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl][#000080]May this be the Flaming Gorge/Mack thread that doesn't require several edits, deletes and eventual locking by us moderators. A guy can dream can't he?[/#000080][/quote]

WELL....

If your going to DREAM, DREAM BIG. LOL
[signature]
The only thing I know is that if anyone on this board even suggests that they kept a fish they get beat down by the usuals. Without ANY exceptions. Go ahead test it. Post a link with a fish in it that isnt a carp and say you kept it and just watch all the shitty responses you get. I can understand not keeping fish as I keep like 1 a year tops. But it gets old hearing bitching about people keeping LEGAL fish. If you dont like it do something productive to change the laws instead of bitching in a forum about someones fish.
[signature]
Just like I said before you have to remove a few for the rest to grow that is why if the possession limits are set
by the DWR, then that is what it is, If some doesn't want to keep the fish fine, if someone dose want to keep a limit fine, just don't stock the freezers [mad]
There is no reason to run everyone else down,
But I do think we all need to use common cents [Wink]
[signature]
I though that BFW had swine in his breakfast burritos!!!LOL!!! HOOTER your right ON!!, IMOP
....I like your pennies
I dont think everybody needs to keep fish unless they are hungry.......sounds like those Big lakers need a few extra special anglers to help them make it to TROPHY status. Even then it is a little bit of a down hill battle. I have never caught a lake trout so I would only have one of those one things ........I think they are called personal opinions.... [Wink]
[signature]
[quote GUIDEMAN]You know it's Sad when people lie just to make a point! My name is Steven Davis and I’m a guide at Flaming Gorge. [/quote]

[#ff0000]Don,
I was wondering how long it was going to take to hear from you, we are not going down this path, so we will lock this thread here.
[/#ff0000]
[signature]