Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard 12/14/09
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]And welcome aboard.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Now that you are registered we look forward to hearing some reports from you and the kids. We are very kid-friendly here. Novice or not, we will all benefit from any input you can contribute on our favorite spots, and we love to see kid pics.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
welcome aboard. I joined this board about 6 years ago at the suggestion of one of the moderators here and have never regretted it. You will find there are plenty of helpful fishing partners here on this website and most of the guys will be glad to take you out for some fun fishing and will help you in any way they can. Some will try and get on your case if you ever keep a fish or argue just for the sake of argument and stirring the pot but it won't take you long to pick them out and just ignore their posts. All in all this is a great bunch of guys (and gals) to be a part of. Enjoy your stay here man and enjoy fishing with your kids. I love the look on my 4 year olds face when he catches fish. The other day he caught more fish than I did and I still think he has permagrin every time anyone mentions it. If you ever want to hook up for some fishing I am always willing to share what little knowledge I have,
Jed Burton
[signature]
[quote fishn4eyes]keep a Smile on TubeDude and have a merry x-mas,,,,,[fishin]

DONT TAKE LIFE SO SERIOUS !!!
half of your buds know me by face but under the cover of BFT they speak ill will of me, i have fished with many of them and showed some of my secrets to some of them them..... but all is well...... i still will read your posts and Smile............[Smile] MAYBE.........![Wink][/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]Okay, now I get it. You really had me going there Kent. No wonder we did not get edited or banned.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#502800]Yeah,.....I thought this site was all about sharing, and I don't think anyone has polluted any waters by posting about them.......I'm still pouting because I couldn't make it to TubeDudes tackle craft gathering on Saturday.....I'll bet that session was about as sharing as you could get.[/#502800]
[signature]
[quote WaveWolf][#502800]Yeah,.....I thought this site was all about sharing, and I don't think anyone has polluted any waters by posting about them.......I'm still pouting because I couldn't make it to TubeDudes tackle craft gathering on Saturday.....I'll bet that session was about as sharing as you could get.[/#502800][/quote]

I have learned more about fishing different species, different ways on so many different waters in 6 months here knowing FG, TD and Albiontrout and all the other great people here on BTF than I did in 30 years fishing with Grand Dad. (He only fished for trout and only a couple of ways).

Just like life, fishing is about sharing. You guys and gals do it well here. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for all you have shared with me.

[Smile]
[signature]
I'm giving 10 to 1 odds on the TubeDude if this contest comes to pass. I've had the pleasure of fishing with the guy. I say this with reinforcement from another of your posts where you say fishing in Utah has gone downhill in the past 30 years. I'm really thinking it's gotta be your skills that have gone downhill. I guess maybe I'd better make one exception and that might be if you only pursue hatchery raised rainbow trout.
[signature]
Hey all,

This is only my second post but I have to say how grateful i am to have found this site.

I always though to myself that there needs to be a web forum for us Utah fishermen to come together and share our own personal fishing reports especially for times like right now when there are people like me who just want to get out and get on the ice but don't know whether or not any lakes are safe yet.

I was overjoyed when I stumbled onto this site the other day. I had exhausted every resource I had trying to find out if any of the lakes close to me had ice yet short of driving up to them. But here all that information is, report after report of ice conditions and fishing conditions, written by people who want to help out other fishermen.

I thank you all and hope to reciprocate with a fishing report of my own in a few days when I too can get out on the ice.[cool]
[signature]
Thanks, that's why I wore a military uniform for 20+ years so we can speak our piece without being persecuted. GOD BLESS AMERICA![Wink]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude]

[cool][#0000ff]Okay, now I get it. You really had me going there Kent. No wonder we did not get edited or banned.[/#0000ff]

[/quote]

Huh?
[signature]
Kent's a good egg. He still hasn't followed me to my top super secret walleye hole yet....BUT I think he's scared that I'd out fish him on that river.LOL
Boy I need to come over the hill to the Bay with either of you 2 and watch you in action!!
Both are Great fishermen in my eyes!!
Smiles Always!
MA
[signature]
I get the feeling that the Kent mentioned here isn't Kentofnsl.
Could it be Kent of Willard bay?
If so, Hi Kent of Willard Bay.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sorry. I was responding to 4eyes reference to the fact that he was someone else...or whatever. I DID (Tongue in cheek) suggest that maybe he was our esteemed moderator having fun at my expense. Obviously I know that is not the case.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sorry Kent (kentofnsl). Go ahead and sue me for slander if you want. I can take it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I guess the Crappies at Willard live in only so many locations. I don't care to Crappie fish they are too small.

But in regards to telling fisher fascist(I'm teasing) when and where you fish is fine with me.

For example TubeDude has told me ways to fish for catfish, and I utterly thank him. Because now I know more about cats. And the methods I have are fun for other species as well. Thanks to TubeDude.

But TubeDude fishes from a tube. And a tube is just one of the many ways to fish. I would rather fish from an inflatable boat with an electric trolling motor. I never go to TubeDudes locations no matter how successful he is. Thats just me.

But to further a point. I think Utah has better fishing oppurtunity than ever. The trout seem to be bigger. I have never seen so many large catfish caught out of Utah Lake until recent years.

I don't see a problem with telling those where you went fishing. But there are cases where you may want to keep quiet though.
[signature]
Just my 2 cents; I dont really have a lot of time to fish. I frequent this site to see how everyone else out there who does go out and fish are doing.
It's not the same as doing it yourself, but it still keeps me connected in a small way to a sport I love.
Thanks to all who post and keep that fishing bug alive!
[signature]
Very well said I agree with you 110% Look forward to hearing more about you and your children fishing trips. [fishin]

"The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be." --John Gierach
[signature]
Sorry for bumping a semi old thread but I figured it'd be better than starting a new one.

Do you still have to pay to get into the north marina during the winter at Willard? I'm looking for something to do in the morning tomorrow and Willard's the closest to my house.
[signature]
Yes, unfortunatly the State Parks division thinks they need to get you for the 10 bucks, even in winter. For doing nothing more than keeping the gates open and refilling toilet paper every now and then, but one plus is i did see a heater in the bathroom. Now maybe if they would plow the WHOLE road instead of stopping at the boat trailer parking area, then i could see what the money is going to.
[signature]
WOW,it's clear up to $10 bucks now? How much to camp over night?
[signature]
Hey C Dude,
This is, a great site. I myself only discovered it, this last summer.
Welcome!
[signature]
James, I don't think you want to camp overnight, unless you enjoy being part of the show of Christmas lights.
[signature]