Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UTAH LAKE CAT FISH TOURNEMENT
Sweet so i can start this tournament tomorrow because i have a coke can right now. You have no way to prove it was caught today or in June haha
I'm kidding.
But seriously what about about those short and stumpy cats? They aren't necessary long but they can weigh quite a bit. We have to consider girth i think.
[signature]
ITS ON!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
Yes it is on : ) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
well if anyone can tell me an easy and efficient way of measuring the girth . where every one can do it the same way. i will consider it. but till then. length is what were going with.
[signature]
Just a thought here, but what are the chances of extending this thing to Cache valley? We could even have some sort of contest of Cache Valley cats vs. Utah Lake cats.
[signature]
That would be awsome. I'd be in
[signature]
It depends on if their are enough people that want to do it in Cache Valley. But this is only a Utah lake Tournament.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#502800]This is going to be fun. I'm in. I would suggest that you don't allow anyone to sign up after the contest has begun, so people don't wait to see if they catch a big one, and then enter just because they might have a winner, know what I mean? I'm glad you're doing this, it'll put a fun twist on the catfishin' this year![/#502800][/font]

But I only drink Pepsi.

[signature]
yes after may 15th no more entry forms will be accepted...
[signature]
Never mind then. I'd pay my entry fee if I could fish around here, but I'm not going to pay then drive to Utah Lake
[signature]
Throw the GEEZER into the fray. I tried replying to [url "mailto:R_Rizzle@hotmail.com"]R_Rizzle@hotmail.com[/url] & got the response that the address didn't exist????????????
[signature]
you must not be putting the email address in correct.

Try again

R_Rizzle@hotmail.com

i have had several people requesting entry forms..

if it doesn't work again let me know or post your email address below and i will email you..
[signature]
Im in.

dj_amblair@yahoo.com
[signature]
Just one question here. How will you be able to tell if the fish came from Utah Lake. We have monster cats up here in the Bear River in the 20 plus pound range. You need some picture with a background reference.
[signature]
In every tournament there are ways to cheat..

if ya weigh them people through weights down there throat.
catching them in privet ponds. and many more methods..

its an on your honor tournament... this is just for fun and a good competition...

we could say you need the mountains in the back ground?
[signature]
Has this tournament been registered anywhere?
[signature]
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but this seems kind of on the shaky side. - A tournament put on by an individual. There is no definite prize. Actually there isn't much of anything official except sending him $10 each. What is he doing to earn your $10? The prizes MAY be cash? Where is the disinterested third party who holds the funds and makes sure the prizes are awarded? Who is the judge?

Small contests are great but you might ask for a bit more organization and guarantees.
[signature]
hey who are you... this is a local thing.. come on man i can tell your not from around here!!

iv given my home address and work and cell phone number.. what more do you want?

Im working on a certificate right now for the tournament from the dwr... sportsman's warehouse might be sponsorship it..

This is a legit tournament for the people around here that have always wanted a tournament like this..

its for a good time and a competition...
[signature]
Registration?? Not needed per DWR regs:

(h) "Type I fishing contest" means a competitive event for warm or cold water fish species, other than a tagged fish contest, that meets any of the following criteria:
(i) involves 50 or more participants or 25 or more boats;
(ii) includes cash and/or prizes awarded individually or cumulatively per year at $2,000 or more for a contest or a series of contests; or
(iii) utilizes a live weigh-in.

No need for a CPA to track funds either. If you don't trust Akaele with with your $10 then don't play. I appreciate his willingness to set this up

Let's go get 'em!
[signature]
Relax, I was asking if you had a registration. I got a bit nervous when I got looking at how little was actually being spelled out. That is all I am asking is to be up front with the details. I am not meaning it as a personal attack. [cool]

I was interested in joining, but would like more information first. Is this tournament part of any other organization than BFT? Who else is with you in setting things up etc. Have you done this before?
Thanks
[signature]