Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Callville 7/28/10
Hello anglers,

So we got out from Callville about 7 again and fished till about 9. We trolled out of Callville Bay and north along the shoreline without a strike. We worked the Sandy Cove area with crankbaits and jigs with nothing. We then worked Hamblin Bay off the western most point and picked up a couple fish. Both fish were caught on a bucktail jig.The lmb was enticed working the jig across the sloping wall near the point. I just let the jig sink till bottom and worked it down the slope. I had several other strikes off that wall, but nothing else would stick. I picked up the small striper casting the jig out into the bay with a quick straight retrieval. Did not see any slurps or boils.

[inline "7-28-10 scn3.jpg"]
[inline "7-28-10 scn2.jpg"]
[signature]
Good job man - that's a nice bass.
[signature]
Thanks. [fishin]
[signature]
good catch, how deep were they holding
[signature]
the large mouth was about 20-25 feet down of the edge of a slope wall, maybe 10-15 yards of the shoreline. Im not able to get real close to shore with my big boat so I cant mark the depth, I have to go of shoreline structure and guessing how long it takes my jig to hit bottom.

the striper was in the middle of the cove over 45-70 feet of water and I ws working the jig at maybe 5-8'
[signature]