Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interest in BFT Idaho Ice Fishing Contest
Maybe we will have a couple of different buyins. This year I don't want to make it too complicated.

People who cheat on good natured competitions like this will get there just rewards. I believe in Karma. What goes around comes around.

I can't believe someone would do that over a few bucks.

Windriver
[signature]
Maybe instead of the prize money going to the winer maybe you donate it to some charity. That way if someone cheats the money will still go to a good cause. this should be about the competition and for the fun of it not the money. Just a thought.

Jim
[signature]
Good Idea.

Windriver
[signature]
It sounds like fun to me. I'm in!
[signature]
Good I was hoping, you would join us.

I'll let you know the details here in a few days after everybody has a chance to give there two cents.

Windriver
[signature]
Count me in . I will need to get a BFT Logo to put in my photo ? I bet the winning Perch will come from Magic or Cascade Res. I wish we could get more people involved . This won't be like a tournament that puts a lot of pressure on one lake . It will be more like a contest spread out over most of the winter . Curt G.
[signature]
[quote curt69]Count me in . I will need to get a BFT Logo to put in my photo ? I bet the winning Perch will come from Magic or Cascade Res. I wish we could get more people involved . This won't be like a tournament that puts a lot of pressure on one lake . It will be more like a contest spread out over most of the winter . Curt G.[/quote]

I know of some spots around Eastern Idaho that produce some 13+ inch perch every year. This should be fun!

[Image: 1090902smalltz0.jpg]
[signature]
i was thinking with some of the money a trophy for the winner should be purchased then the rest donated. trophys are not expensive you can get a cool little trophy or plack for around 10 bucks! what does everyone think of that?
[signature]
Charity sounds great to me.
[signature]
[quote iwantabuggy]Charity sounds great to me.[/quote]

#1 Charity tourneys are great!
[signature]
I am working on the BFT Logo thing. Good to have you aboard. Still working out the details. Input is always appreciated.

Windriver
[signature]
Ya a trophy is not very expensive. I found pretty nice ones for around $25.

Windriver
[signature]
I've caught many over 12." Only one over 13." That was at Montpeliar res. It was a single random perch. I know there are bigger ones out there. I found some pretty big ones about a month ago, but I don't know if I will be able to find them come winter.

Windriver
[signature]
A couple of winters ago we thought we'd pull the state record for perch here locally. We only missed it by a hair. I think maybe giving it another shot this year for the tourney would be fun. Perch seem to be cyclical as well as certain conditions come into play. The numbers of perch seem to be back up on Ririe so maybe that bodes well for all of our waters.

Hopefully there is some weed growth at Mud Lake this year as well. [Image: dumb.gif]
[signature]
I have a bluegill that was 2 oz from the state record. Haven't found anything like it in years.

Mudlake was an awesome fishery. Not very many places in Idaho that can produce jumbo perch. I hope the weeds come back as well. It is kind of a two edged sword. If the weeds come back then they die off and eat the oxygen.

Ok I better quit hijacking my own thread and get back to the topic of the ice fishing contest.

Windriver
[signature]
Can't have an ice fishing contest without fish. [Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
if you still have room I'm in
[signature]
Maybe some of your members might want to print this attachment for your contest. Just an idea, in case they don't remember their BFT sticker.
[signature]
That is a good idea.

Thanks

Windriver
[signature]
What am I doing wrong . When I try to print this I only get about 25% of the left side as page one and there are no more pages ?
[signature]