Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hotspotting?
All these years and still no spell check. Bill Gates has ruined it for everyone..........
[signature]
HJB & FH Lets try it again this year this time I won't loose a U-joint on the way up![Wink]
[signature]
Lets do it jake!
[signature]
[quote Fishooker]You really need to get out of the house. Pot stirrer! [crazy][/quote]

Get someone to watch my whining kids all evening, and I'll get out. Until then, I'm stuck at home buddy. Save some fish for me. [Wink]
[signature]
Not pointing fingers, but ya know what realy gets me Hookjaw?, those that call the kettle black yet they themselves have hot spotted a location after being asked not to and claiming they wouldnt.. [crazy]
[signature]
Dude you think you are going to get more reports on Birch by revealing the location everytime a poster wants to keep it secret?![crazy]

If you want more reports on birch I would recommend to sticking to just reading the reports and letting the posters doing the posting! I wish BFT moderators would enforce that!!

Even though Birch is too far for me and I have only fished it twice without great success, this attitude of hotspotting for other posters is what keeps BFT limited to Willard, UL, DC, Nelle and Strawberry.

Too many pot stirs left unchecked on this site![crazy][mad]
[signature]
Huh? [crazy]
You want to elaborate on that a little for me?
[signature]
Well as I say, I wont point fingers but I'm aware that someone on this thread is blasting you for hotspotting yet they have done the same about 3 years ago.. Those that live in glass houses should not throw stones, dont ya think??
[signature]
Gotcha. Good point. [cool]
[signature]
[quote Jacksonman]Dude you think you are going to get more reports on Birch by revealing the location everytime a poster wants to keep it secret?![crazy]

If you want more reports on birch I would recommend to sticking to just reading the reports and letting the posters doing the posting! I wish BFT moderators would enforce that!!

Even though Birch is too far for me and I have only fished it twice without great success, this attitude of hotspotting for other posters is what keeps BFT limited to Willard, UL, DC, Nelle and Strawberry.

Too many pot stirs left unchecked on this site![crazy][mad][/quote]

AMEN BROTHER!

Agreed on it being public...
Agreed on people who want to learn about it would find it

Disagree when original poster does not reveal location for someone later to blurt it out for everyone to see.

Several of the "other" websites (can't name names here or big brother deletes the post) have policies against this type of activity and thus have better fishing reports that BFT will never see for this reason.

Hookjaw and I have exchanged many a PM on this issue, we have agreed to disagree. I would fish with him I know he is a good angler and knows his stuff. We just disagree on this issue.
[signature]
This post is entertaining... I live about 15 minutes away from this lake and fish it several times a year. At least for me, those Tiger Trout are not easy to catch. Yes, I have had some good days. However, its many times a 1-2 day. Thats fine with me, but I am a little strange as it is.

There are much better lakes to take kids that want excitement in fishing!. I don't worry about too many people coming up here. Monte Cristo is closed and people have to come via Evanston or Logan Canyon.

Then, you have to walk up a STEEP hill and then back down to the lake to fish. That is unless you have a sled.

Tiger Trout are a pretty fish. However, they are man made and will continue to be restocked. I think the arguements on here are mostly useless. I think HJB and the original poster both have good points.

I would offer this advice (which probably isn't worth much). If you don't want your are "Hot Spotted", don't post pic's. I usually don't.

Having said this, nice fish!!
[signature]
( Its ok that you told everyone about Birtch Creek because its not likely that you catch these tigers in the summer because they are eating the smaller tigers and rainbows they plant earlier in the year they dont want no fake stuff.)

[#500000]Very Interesting![/#500000]
[signature]
I guess how I look at this is once the original author posts a report and photos he is at the mercy of the world wide web. If the original author truly DID NOT want to reveal the location or specifics of a particular lake he should not have posted in the first place. I do not buy into the argument that if the original poster wanted the place to be kept a secret we should honor that wish. My point takes it back even one step further. Why did the original author post it on the world wide web in the first place?
Anytime you put up a report especially with photos the place will be exposed. If people truly do not want to hotspot; the solution is simple, don't post about it!! Is it really that hard to understand?
[signature]
+1, I post "Reports" on this site with pics but I usually don't disclose the location, but once the pics go up on the web it's pretty much fair game and if someone hotspots it, well kings X. If I truly didn't want a location known I wouldn't open my mouth about it or put up bragging pics. Sorry but i'm with HJB on this one.
[signature]

+1 don't want folks to know, don't post it up. I know of a few anglers that follow the "tight lips" rule including me. Most often than not it doesn't really matter who knows or who doesn't waters change constantly. Some folks just post to brag with or without pictures makes em feel special and they have no intentions on helping others. Some post to give/receive information. Some just post to harass and argue with others to each his own I guess 2cents[cool]
[signature]
+1 more Holy sheep dip batman!!
Some of you guys take this fishing report stuff a little too serious for my taste. I go fishing to have fun. Im no professional by a long shot but you dont have to be good to enjoy it. I agree if you want to keep a location secret, posting a bunch of pics on the internet isnt the best way. I'll tell anyone where and how I caught decent size fish if they want to know. Its not like I have all the good ones corralled up in some part of the lake for an exclusive fishing expedition! Geez, lets try to act like adults!
Perchski posted the ones i caught at Strawberry.

I caught the 21" cut in the little cove south of Horse creek. about 15 feet off the bank, casting from my Tracker 17 ft. Prodeep V-17 aluminum boat using a shakespeare reel on a Walmart Fuel brand rod, on 15lb. test monafilament with a Floating jointed Rappala (the one that looks like a little rainbow.) He hit on the lower treble hook. I must have been reeling too fast for him to catch the front hook. Thats all Im giving out on the internet...feel free to PM me for any specifics!! Smile

oh I forgot...I was on the starboard side of the stern..cuz that damn sweet sarge just had to have the front! lol
[signature]
[laugh] now that was a good post!!!
[signature]
I think it is funny everyone who says if you don't want it hotspotted then don't post reports/pictures. How pathetic?!

This is ridiculous. I would love to see pictures of big trout caught if nothing at all. And most big fish that I am interested in are caught on smaller waters. That is why BFT is going downhill. When we can't respect the intentions of others, people will stop posting. So instead of getting any real reports, you get reports from all the old timers fishing huge lakes that are easily accessible. I used to love this site for the variety of reports coming in but almost all of the great fishermen have stopped posting reports.

I guess the nice thing is that those of us on here, who would rather see pictures without disclosing location instead of nothing at all, all belong to another forum where the posters are respected. There are more awesome fishing reports on that site than you could even imagine. It is amazing what a little respect and courtesy will do.
[signature]
Well said Jack. I have made the change[Wink]
[signature]
I understand your point and I don't hotspot people's posts, in fact I PMed the member who asked what lake it was. I am not saying I agree with or even like it but if I post some pics and other people know where it is I expect that it could be hotspotted, I guess it is a respect thing but when it's out on the worldwide web you gotta accept what comes with it.

My .02 and that's probably all it's worth.
[signature]