Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backpackin' the Boulders
Minersville Reservoir

YOU DID NOT JUST SAY MINERSVILLE!!!! now everyone knows!!

"LURKERS" haha
[signature]
[bobhappy]
At the end of the day. If you don't want people knowing everything you know, don't post it.

If you don't care then do post it.

If it bothers you that others post info then don't get on a fishing forum.

If you just like to hear people argue check out this post.

:-)
[signature]
Please. Everyone go to Minersville!!

Dude, are you high? On medication? Keep posting - I need some good laughs!
[signature]
Not trying to hot spot or anything. If you noticed from my original post we were planning on the Uintas but since the snow went ballistic this year I had to find another location. So I figured why not the boulders since they are further south where snow melts quicker. All I want to do is take my son out for a nice outing where he can have fun. I don't think the size of the fish matters to him since he is only 10 and just likes to catch fish. Feel free to PM me with any info. That is how I found out about blind lake. Yes I was given much more info about this lake (as well as others that I didn't mention) than I actually posted. I am just looking for a general area with good fishing that is relatively easy hike since my son is on the smaller side and this will be his first backpacking trip and I wanted it to be successful for him so that we can continue and have future outings. I have been to several lakes and I am happy to tell others about those lakes and/or streams and let anyone know about them. I appreciate the information given to me and welcome more. In fact after I found out a little information on this lake I went and started [#0000bf]MY[/#0000bf] research (yes I do research). Here is a pic of what I found. Not too descriptive or revealing I would say. My research includes this forum, My Topo Maps (yes you need an account), and Google earth as a few starters. Others include DWR, USFS, NPS, or BLM. I found info on the WWW about fisheries that I have not by choice divulged location let alone species since there are only two streams in the state that hold that species. I did several years worth of research to find these streams that are not marked on most maps by name let alone by just a small blue line. So I started my research here and received several pointers to start with. Like I said if feel free to PM me, you don't have to post here. You don't have to tear down someone who does. That is how one can alienate others to where they may never come back yet they were trying to do the good thing and help someone. So please if you don't have anything good to say, then don't post at all.

I for one appreciate any help given for those who have helped. I am sorry if I drug this on for too long. But I am still open for suggestions. Like I said in an earlier post I never have been to this area before so I am looking for info. Thanks!
[inline "blind lake - 400.jpg"]
[signature]
i thought you were done posting you drama junky haha!
Albinotrout have fun blind has always been fast action for me and your son will LOVE IT!!! if you find the lake with alot of brookies let a guy know. cause i would like to get back down there and catch some. and i dont care if they are BIG either i just like catching a boat load of fish all day!
[signature]
Jacksonman wrote

"With angler hours comes loss of serenity, high morality of fish, even if released,"

That's a good thing. ABSTINENCE will keep the brookies from stunting in these lakes!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Carry on.[Wink]
[signature]
+1
LMFAO![sly]
[signature]
[quote PBH]you think it's the WWW, and I think it's simply because our population growth.

Utah has grown from 2.2 million (2000) to 2.9 million people (2010). That's an increase of 700,000 people in 10 years. Of course more people are finding their way to more of our fisheries. I won't deny that the www certainly plays a role, but I don't believe that reports will be the demise of our fisheries.[/quote]

Absolutely population, but, they still got to hear it or see it from somewhere or someone. Every time some one posts anything, not only several people that answer read it, but 100's that don't answer.
Try googling "fishing the boulders" and look at all the forums.
[signature]
The irony in all this is, the more you bitch and moan about keeping these places under hat, the more people are going to read and find out about these places and be more inclined to find out why you want to keep them secret.
you should have just kept your mouth shut. You're your own worst enemy!
[signature]
[quote riverdog]Wait and see if June warms up and melt the Uintas. [/quote]

Contacted the Kamas Ranger station yesterday. They don't expect the trail I wanted to open up until mid July.[crazy] So that is why I chose the boulders. We may still hit the lake and trail in the Uintas at the end of July too.[laugh] I have a feeling that my wife and daughter would want to go there then. I will know before too long.[Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
Good catch!! That is funny. I hate how similar those words are to spell but so different in meaning. I wonder how many people read it without seeing the misspell.
[signature]
[quote albinotrout][quote riverdog]Wait and see if June warms up and melt the Uintas. [/quote]

Contacted the Kamas Ranger station yesterday. They don't expect the trail I wanted to open up until mid July.[crazy] [/img][/quote]

I had a good friend that I used to frequently fish with. He'd always be calling the Forest Ranger stations in the early season for advise on current snow and water conditions.
Quite frankly the person answer the phone seemed to be always wrong. Probable stuck in the office and never out in the field. If they can't reliable answer current conditions I doubt they're that good at long range weather forecast and conditions. I won't be surprised if the end of June is still too snowy but I'd wait and see before writing it off as it depends greatly on the weather. Looking at Snotel data for Trial Lake the only year comparable to this year was 1986. That year and it melted out within a month.
[signature]
Check out this site:
http://www.redrockadventure.com/fishing/...lateau.pdf

Although old, it has a wealth of information about Boulder Mountain lakes. I suggest that you look into the Donkey/Bullberry lakes area...it offers a little of everything you seem to be looking for.

Also, for added debate, my biggest Boulder brookies have come from Fish Creek Reservoir, Pacer Lake, Beaver Dam Reservoir, McGath, Oak Creek, and Pear Lake. Most recently, I have caught my biggest brook trout from Pear Lake, Oak Creek Reservoir, and one of the unnamed Row Lakes. My personal favorite brook trout lakes are Deer Creek, Purple, and Grass Lake. My biggest cutthroat have come from West Deer Creek, Solitaire, Pine Creek Reservoir, and Blind Lake. My overall favorite lakes to fish are Blind, Deer Creek, and Purple. Some other good lakes to consider: Horseshoe, Crater, Spectacle, Green, Joe Lay, Willow Bottoms, Flat Lake, and Blue Lake. I also enjoy fishing Cooks, Miller, Banana, Tule, and Halfmoon.

IF you have any other questions, just ask.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. This will help a lot.
[signature]
Oh the juntas are definately not off the list. We will just go there later in July when I got some time off again.[cool] right now my son likes the idea of going to the boulders. I think this will be the first of many backpacking trips to come.
[signature]
I checked out the PDF file. Good info indeed but I found it to be missing a couple of pages. Thanks!

I did a little footwork today and was able to come up with the missing pages of the book with the help of the local library. They made a phone call and they were able to email them to me. So if anyone wants them shoot me a PM and I can send them to you. Also found out the booklet was printed in 1974.
[signature]
Totally agree! I don't know anything about the Boulders but I clicked on the post to see what all the excitement was all about. Im kinda interested in checking them out now.
[signature]
I like Donkey the best for numbers and all around good-sized fish. Great camping and you'll help the fishery by eating 8 a day.
[signature]
With just the list from that site, you'll have a ton of good fishing to check out. It'll take some time.. but probably worth it. I went last year and had a good time fishing some of the listed waters. Didn't see anyone other than a couple fly fishermen while we were there which was nice, even though we weren't that far from the road. Hope you and your son have a great time down there and catch schloads of fish.
[signature]
Kinds funny how that works ya know? Someone starts screaming foul and then the curiosity builds for those who know not about the area and makes you want to go. Been wanting to hit the boulders for years just haven't been able to until now. Gotta love the fishin in this state![fishin]
[signature]