Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tibblefork Reservoir
thanks.
[signature]
[quote Tincanfsh]My Girlfriend works for the Forest Service up American Fork Canyon and said that an 10lb Brown was caught earlier in the summer.[/quote]
She witnessed this, or heard it third hand. No pictures, no fish, just b.s. in reality.
Now if there was a real 10 lb. brown come out of Tibble Res. how is it nobody's heard of it until now?
That would be all over the papers, BFT and other fishing sites, like gel in the twins hair. You can bet on that.
[signature]
Saw it. It was caught on Free Fishing day in June. Was put on a scale in front of many people. Why is it so hard to believe that an fish that size could caught in that lake.
[signature]
AWAHAHAHA 10 lbs Brown out of Tibble Fork now that's comedy .. maybe back in the 8o's long before any of the structural upgrades a 5 lbser could have been caught in tibble. Highly unlikely now. Dont know if you guys have fished it in the summer but it get literally thousands of people there no way a 10 lb'er was caught there recently.

To remind you people this is the record Tiger trout holder Shanelle Winn this is her husband Riley Win holding the 9LBS 7 OZ Tiger trout and your telling me someone walked of TIBBLE with a brown this size awahahahaha now thats rich

[Image: 9lbs.jpg]

http://blogs.sltrib.com/fishing/archive....&tb=1&pb=1
[signature]
[quote CoyoteSpinner]I think THIS is the fish you're asking about

(this is Roghets work BTW)[/quote]

lmao that's awesome, Yote! [laugh]
[signature]
Wow! Is all I can say. Believe it or not! It happen this past summer. This site has gone down hill. Make an reply and people jump on you and basically call you an lier! Pretty Sad!
[signature]
Why so sensitive?

The chain of reporting this "10 lb brown" is someone caught the fish, who told someone or someone saw it, who told someone, who told your girlfriend, who told you and then you posted on the forum.

Very easily could have been a 5 lb brown that gained one lb with every link in the chain.
[signature]
Just to end the quibbling or whatever about fish size in Tibble....I have fished that water more than most...at night when the browns ONLY bite...and I have CAUGHT and released a 5# brown from there (on digital scales-handheld) and on the same night broke off a bigger one. From what I saw from the one that got away compared to the one I caught earlier...I have NO DOUBT whatsoever that there are bigger browns in there. I fed grasshoppers one day to a brown that was at least 8. There's some biggies there but few and far between. My 2 cents
[signature]
[quote Tincanfsh]Saw it. It was caught on Free Fishing day in June. Was put on a scale in front of many people. Why is it so hard to believe that an fish that size could caught in that lake.[/quote]

Make up your mind- your previous post says

[quote Tincanfsh]My Girlfriend works for the Forest Service up American Fork Canyon and said that an 10lb Brown was caught earlier in the summer. [/quote]

If the shoe fits
[signature]
You asked,

"She witnessed this, or heard it third hand."

And he responded "Saw it." He didn't say that he saw it, he was answering your question.
[signature]
I think I got my answer, we can move on now.[cool]
[signature]
That would be wonderful --- but somehow I doubt that will happen. It seemed like such an innocent question when you asked it.
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl]You asked,

"She witnessed this, or heard it third hand."

And he responded "Saw it." He didn't say that he saw it, he was answering your question.[/quote]
You are right Ken- saw it= she-
My apologies.
[signature]
Just thought I would post a link to help with the confusion. Rough In It, [url "http://connect2utah.com/search-fulltext?nxd_id=95405"]Snapshot of the Week: Jun 19, 2010.[/url] [Image: ad467651-7942-0c84-7931-89b5b7744d0c]

Check out the monster trout that Tyler caught up at Tibble Fork reservoir up American Fork canyon. He and his family were there on "free fishing day" and on his first cast of the morning he reeled in this 26 inch long 11 pound German brown. What a fish!

Travis
[signature]
GottaBite, I dont know how long you've fished under the stars there but had you not mentioned this I likely would never have replied to this thread. Aside from Utah Lake and the Green River this is one of my favorites to night fish. Been sneaking up there for a good 15 16 years. In fall of 03 I caught 24 1/2" 6 lb brown. A good majority of Trout I catch are released. Unless I have a request to bring some fresh fish home. I am not a huge fan of eating trout but on this particular night though was hungry and happened to have my little Hibachi in the car too. Besides I knew he would be tastier than a planter bow. That fat Brown didn't even get a ride home. I ate that entire fish before I left. I don't even think I posted a report. It's likely that had I reported it many would have called BS. Or better yet, being told that I should have let him go to live another day. I agree with TinCanFish. I have noticed quite an increase in smartaleck, inconsiderate, arrogant and comments that might suggest or illustrate the others level of of intelligence, knowledge or experience in whatever post it is in relation too. There are lots of reasons why BFT was created. The Utah and Idaho board or examples of those good ideas. Careless derogatory comments will only tarnish the reputation that has made this forum what it is today. That's all.
for now [shocked][sly][cool]
[signature]
There used to be some very big browns in there back in the mid seventies. There was a 13 pounder caught but most of the big fish just cruised the moss beds and ignored all the flies and hardware thrown at them. They were there I am not sure what happened to them. It seemes like they disappeared back in the early eighties. Ditto on the cautions, The little green lake has springs and thin ice in several places.
[signature]
That lake gets POUNDED and every year more and more people pound it. I have no doubt that there use to be big trout, just like Mantua. But, pressure takes it's toll.
My comment was originally a joke. Specially the occasional part, as I see it as more a once in a blue moon.
I guess my doubt on 10 lb comes from personal experience. This is a good friend of mine. The trout was caught at a lake up north, it is a little over 28" long and "UNDER" 10 lbs.
[Image: IMG_1905.jpg]

I will add, this woman is 5'8" to help put this in perspective.

I am sure there could be one or two 20+" trout up there, but again, pressure will take it's toll.

Great replies and no need to try and analyze anyones behavior, opinions are also a part of FORUMS, not just where, when, and hows.
[signature]
Tincan don't be so sensitive and get your panties in a bunch you post up a he say she say article with no evidence and expect to take some flack. Remember this is a fishing forum guarantee if you were to tell people outside of BFT someone caught a 10 lb'er out of Tibble they would not believe you so whys BFT so different ?

The post by Xstream proves me wrong looks like the boy caught a 11lb'er Kudos I still don't believe it just because it was on rough'n it outdoors doesn't mean squat the media is always looking overstate stories or it wouldn't be news worthy, put it on a register scale then I believe ya. but till then its fishers scale...IMHO

Again this is a forum were everyone entitled to there opinion if you feel the board is going down because someone calls someone out to prove there post then so be it sorry this board cant be all unicorns and dandle lions for ya but everyone takes flack including me in either direction ...
[signature]
+1
[signature]
Lots of little tiny ponds grow big browns. Someone dumps one or two in and they feast on planter bows. They don't get caught by someone dangling worms or dipping flies. They seldom take spinner or small spoons either. They succumb to things that look like their normal meals. Big crank baits that look like planters.
[signature]