Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost Fight...Millcreek + City Creek
Hmmm, point taken. I better carry on BOTH hips just in case I run across one of these nutters!
[signature]
Careful Dave, i mentioned once that i carry when fishing the jordan river and i had all kinds of people jump my ass over it. And all i was trying to say was that i carry simply so that i never have to have a problem. I was surprised how much crap i got over being mr macho blah blah. I agree with you though, icarry so people dont mess with me. As ive mentioned before, im 6'4" 350 lbs, bench press 485 lbs, but i still get all kinds of idiots that have no sense of personal boundaries that still push up on me, so a simple glance of a sidearm often prevents idiot problems in the first place.
Twin- sorry about the idiot, glad you stood your ground, thats usually all it takes to back these clowns down.[:/]
[signature]
Damn CC, at 6'4" 350lb u should be in the league bro...
[signature]
Are you related to Chuck Norris [laugh]? Good lookin fish!
[signature]
I am just busting up warning I got mad ninja skills famous lines we have all heard on the play ground.. well glad you had a good trip and a bit of fun to.
[signature]
A back up for your back up,thats why I carry two of everything[Wink]

I just want to see that 4" blade the twin had,or was it a flippin Rambo knife [shocked]..See.. they would of had a back up twin if they only went by the NASA system.. "two of everything"
[signature]
Explain to me the point of openly carrying an empty gun? Or carrying an empty gun period? If you are carrying a legal firearm..put rounds in it!!!!! Some peple may not care that you have a gun and may have one of their own, now how silly would you feel to have an empty gun in a gunfight or knife fight for that matter. This post has nothing to do with fishing and for that I apologize. But if you are legally qualified to carry a firearm open or cocealed put rounds in gun and magazine.
[signature]
Haha, Remo -- I was wondering if someone would give me guff. Dude, I only carry it to avoid a situation. If someone really wants to mess with me, even if they can see my firearm, then what are my options? Shoot him? No thanks. The only time I keep a loaded clip is when I'm in the boonies or when I'm in my pontoon boat. (don't ask me why I load it on the 'toon, I'm weird)

Bottom line, unless someone is breaking into my house or threatening my family, I don't want to shoot anyone for any reason, the least of which is an altercation over fishing.

Might seem stupid to you (and probably a lot of people), but that's just the way I roll, yo.
[signature]
dang ETDT thats pretty crazy about that lady, i owuld have been way mad if some lady was letting her dog swim in the hole i was fishing and then let her dog snag your fish, which isnt the dogs fault the owner should have controll on there animal in an on leash area, but you sound like me in a sense where you arent going to take any crap from anyway that you feel is doing you wrong, doing someone else wrong or just acting ignorant, i would have loved to have been there with you when it happened to make the statement of,"do you know how many fisherman have C&C permits?" not that i would ever come down to a situation like that but it can let people now where your coming from. But nice fish anyways and good fishing

Cmon lady have some common sense[mad]
[signature]
Too old and out of shape these days [Wink] I had a 2 invitations to camps after college but decided I'd had my fun and would likely have ended up like many of my friends- just getting cut. So I decided to move on and become a slave to the man like everyone else. I miss game days but dont miss the workouts and the August 3-a-days! Im sure you can relate as a former player as well. Im looking forward to watching my boys grow up and play now. Maybe eventually we can cross paths and compare war stories. Have a great summer!
[signature]
TroutBumDave wrote:[/quote]
Bottom line, unless someone is breaking into my house or threatening my family, I don't want to shoot anyone for any reason, the least of which is an altercation over fishing.

Might seem stupid to you (and probably a lot of people), but that's just the way I roll, yo.[/quote]

Seems very sensible to me, but maybe I am in the minority with this mentality.
[signature]
I guess it makes a little sense if you only carry while fishing, I was speaking more in general like in, do you carry at other times? And if so keep it loaded.
[signature]
I got to agree with Remo and carry some ammo with you even if its a extra clip in your pocket. Open carry yes will deter some but opens the window for some who are carrying to fire on you first. Remember criminals carry guns too [pirate]

Ive had my cwp for close to 10+ years I dont open carry but take my weapon every were I go I thank god Ive never had to use it to fatally defend myself from someone but if there is ever a need you don't want to be in a bad situation and have a gun with no ammo.

Back to the post that area has a sore spot for dogs and leashes it was leash free for the longest time and now new ordinances have made it leashed the residents in that area are pretty sensitive to the subject its been all over the sl trib and in the news.

My X lives near that area most have the feeling that its there homes and taxes there going to do what they want. But there wrong the law is the law most dogs owners in the area will usually grab there dogs when near others sounds to me like you ran into a real peach of a gal [cool]
[signature]
I hear ya bro, maybe we will cross paths and look back on the grid iron days
[signature]
Quite a story. I have only had one issue and it was up Big Cottonwood canyon, I was bow hunting about 15 years ago or so, was up high enough that I didn't expect to run into anyone, wrong, walking down the trail I was walking up was a lady in a tyedyed shirt who gave me the riot act, yelling at me telling me that I can't hunt there and why would anyone hunt etc etc, I told her that I was legal and if she feels I'm not she should call the Sheriffs Dept. She literally tried to block my path to go up the mountain and just leave her to herself, I forgot to mention her scronny boyfriend was standing behind her not saying anything. After I tried to walk around her twice and her blocking my way to where I would have to put my hands on her to move her which I wasn't going to do. I told her boyfriend that she was going to get his butt kicked by me. He grabbed her and pulled her away down the trail. Never saw her again. It made me wonder about who else I may run into while back in the woods. When this happened I did have a CCW (still do) but it was illegal to carry it while bow hunting at the time. This has been changed thankfully. If your competent and legal, carry and carry loaded. Be safe.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I am a big guy and do a pretty good wacko act when I want to unsettle folks. But on at least a couple of occasions...both at the Knolls...I may have gotten into more "situation" than I was capable of handling without being able to display my holstered sidearm. Some folks out there like to gang up and confront individual fishermen. But when they observe that I have my "45 friends" with me they ain't so brave.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]One of the things I picked up in the course I went through to get licensed to carry was that the old term "brandishing" is not being enforced as much these days. Most judges agree that showing your sidearm to prevent personal attack is a part of self protection and is legal. However, if you take it out of the holster and start threatening somebody just because they are fishing in your spot...well, then you got some 'splainin' to do.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Another thing I picked up many years ago was a saying that "locks are made to keep innocent people innocent." Having a visible (legal) firearm is just that kind of deterrent for bullies and wierdos that would otherwise just keep badgering you. You serve notice that you are not a good target and that they need to take it someplace else.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Listen TDT I was that guy at the park, and i really dont appreciate your attitude!!

Ha ha I kid. I work in Technical Support for an alarm company. You just dont fully realize how dumb people really can get until you have worked in a postion like that. For someone to bring a dog to a place that openly says you may not have it off-leash and allow the dog to go and steal someones fish seems completely dumb to a normal himan being but for some reason unknown to me they dont give half a crap about anything other then themselves. Its one thing to not have a brain enough to yell at your dog or even APOLOGIZE that it took someones fish and leave it at that but wow really? to go and blow it out of proportion and start getting a bunch of idiots involved? Are people really that bored?

I had some idiot (hope you read these forums) the other day that went and put his pontoon in Salem Pond (why......?) and went around bugging the crap out of the shore fishermen. Well my wife was there fishing with me and she had her bait casted out just sitting there, and the idiot comes up casts right over her and gets his line all tangled in hers, doesnt apologize just starts acting like a man -child. I was two seconds away from pulling his line in cutting his lure off and chucking it out into the lake.

Love it when you are catching fish and some "professional bass angler" (or so he proclaimed to the next people down from us) comes along and gets you all stirred up.

I guess thats why i dont ever fish the community ponds, they have a disease about them.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]But how do you REALLY feel. C'mon, you can tell us.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I'd really love to hear her side of the story. I'll bet it's a completely different one.
[signature]
That sucks E.T.D.T. You try to have a nice peaceful fishing trip and someone has to ruin it for you. My 73 year old mom,my brother and my nephew all have cc permits and I have thought that was being a little paranoid, but after reading this post it makes me wonder I have three pistols but I have never carried.I am thinking maybe I should get one,I work with people all day and can usually reason with folks but that story has me thinking otherwise. Also I want to ask Tubedude do you carry your pistol on your float tube and does it stay dry? Can you legally carry a firearm on your boat if you are not hunting and do not have a cc permit? I hope everyone has a great violent free day!
[signature]