Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost Fight...Millcreek + City Creek
[quote mojorizing]I'd really love to hear her side of the story. I'll bet it's a completely different one.[/quote]

I would not bet your life...let alone a dollar on that one. Funny...I figured people like you and flygoddess would say something like that. Mojo I cant wait for the day a guy like you would start posting some fish reports...or at least some positive feedback.
[signature]
Wow, Why bring up may name? I haven't said anything, and was not looking to cause trouble.
[signature]
I did not let them ruin my fishing experience....I grew up VERY close to there as a kid so I am sure I will return many times over.

Simply amazing how that lady lost control. I will admit that in the past I have been WAY TOO RUDE to people like that, however this time I tried to be the "bigger man" by being polite. Wonder if I had been rude, would it have even got that far?

Wildcat94 is right when he said that only in Utah will they get their buddies and half the football team on you and act tough. Too true man...too true.

I never intended to stab anyone, that knife is more for fishing, and cougar/bear defense. On that Jordan River however the reasons are not the same[Wink].

I unclipped the knife to avoid a fight. Back in my high school days I would have begged to fight...but I was there to fish. No need for violence. Seriously even though I am sure I could have taken a few of those pasty young adults I would have made violence a last resort.

When fighting that many people.....serious injury is about the only option...and considering I have gone through a knee surgery (for a backcountry skiing incident) I would not wish that kind of pain/recovery on even my worst enemy.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]This whole post has been entertainment at its.......best? Well with all the reality shows I guess it is up there.
Guns in sight, martial arts....over 50?, Mormons....just about covered all the bases. Great read, now if we could just get the other side to the story it would make a nice full circle. It is possible to annoy someone and not even know it, isn't it?[/quote]

Does this not ring a bell....it is ok...I expect this kind of response out of you. Nothing new there.
[signature]
[quote EvilTyeDyeTwin][quote mojorizing]I'd really love to hear her side of the story. I'll bet it's a completely different one.[/quote]

I would not bet your life...let alone a dollar on that one. Funny...I figured people like you and flygoddess would say something like that. Mojo I cant wait for the day a guy like you would start posting some fish reports...or at least some positive feedback.[/quote]
Say something like what? I just made a simple comment. I'd really love to hear her side of the story? Why you getting so wound up. You told your side. I want to hear her side. What's wrong with that.
I don't post fishing reports because I see no need to pat myself on the back. I quit trying to impress people when I got out of high school.
I guess if you lack in certain areas, you make up for it in others.
[signature]
That tyedyed shirted lady gives people like my twin and I a bad name out in the sticks[Wink].

Now I have had a bow hunter draw on me when I was cutting a switch back in Big Cottonwood's Mill B South, which was surprizing that anyone would be hunting there with the popularity of the place (lake blanche and all). But the point is he did NOT take the shot.

Sounds like you were perfectly legal to do what you were doing up there. Glad it did not get violent up there. Hunt on dude...hunt on.
[signature]
[quote EvilTyeDyeTwin][quote flygoddess]This whole post has been entertainment at its.......best? Well with all the reality shows I guess it is up there.
Guns in sight, martial arts....over 50?, Mormons....just about covered all the bases. Great read, now if we could just get the other side to the story it would make a nice full circle. It is possible to annoy someone and not even know it, isn't it?[/quote]

Does this not ring a bell....it is ok...I expect this kind of response out of you. Nothing new there.[/quote]
And I think most of the members here expect a reply like yours.
A leopard can't change it's spots, can it.
[signature]
Hmmm it was the whole " I'll bet it is a completely different story" part that got me bugged...you are welcome to wonder what her side of the story is.

As for bragging..ok...that is what you think it is...I am just here to help out other fisherman on knowing where to go...or where not to go. You would not believe how many thank you's I get out there on the water...enough to keep me posting dispite the typical negitive feedback posters IE you mojo. Sorry but your post history is all I have to go on.
[signature]
It is interesting reading, but you seem to have taken my response as a bad or mean thing. I do think you are reading more into it than what is written.

I have had my share of ignorant people on the rivers and as mentioned, not the dogs fault. Had a lady pass me on the provo with two Labs. One ran over to me and got wrapped in my fly line. I asked the woman to hold her dog while I unwrapped, she ignored me. I mentioned the price of the rod that was about to be broken and her license plate number, plus my camera THEN she held the dog. I also have a problem stepping in dog poop on the trails.
By saying her side is more, "what the heck was she thinking" is all.
[signature]
[quote EvilTyeDyeTwin]Hmmm it was the whole " I'll bet it is a completely different story" part that got me bugged...you are welcome to wonder what her side of the story is.

As for bragging..ok...that is what you think it is...I am just here to help out other fisherman on knowing where to go...or where not to go. You would not believe how many thank you's I get out there on the water...enough to keep me posting dispite the typical negitive feedback posters IE you mojo. Sorry but your post history is all I have to go on.[/quote]
You are correct. I'm wrong. Your numerous reports on Little Dell, Lower Bells, the Weber etc. help the hundred of thousands of beginners learn how to catch and treat fish properly. Keep up the good work.
[signature]
My apologies FG...perhaps it was mojo's insiteful post that had me thinking that.

And mojo...Little Dell, Bells, and Weber...I have been fishing more than that this last month....let alone week buddy.
[signature]
[quote EvilTyeDyeTwin] Sorry but your post history is all I have to go on.[/quote]

whats that old saying? Dont judge a book by its cover?

and no im not jumping on the "lets attack the twins campaign" im just saying, if you look around at a few other spots on the web you might change this statment
[signature]
Point taken Kocanut...but even his book cover (avatar) states, "pissing off the whole planet one person at a time".
[signature]
[quote EvilTyeDyeTwin]My apologies FG...perhaps it was mojo's insiteful post that had me thinking that.

And mojo...Little Dell, Bells, and Weber...I have been fishing more than that this last month....let alone week buddy.[/quote]

And mine to you for the misunderstanding.

Now, question, It has been a few years since I have been up Millcreek, but it "was" leashes on even or odd days (can't remember which) and no leash the other, has this changed?
[signature]
Same old regs...odd days are for odd dogs up there. Although you are a lot less likely to have one busting through your fishing hole. And they are typically leashed on even days.

Pretty fun place...lots of good fishing holes...and not so many fisherman. Always wanted to bust out a fly rod there....but my roll cast skills are TERRIBLE as of right now.
[signature]
Seven years of karate and a chubby kid with a Swiss army knife was probably just terrifying. Most people who have to brag about their credentials are full of crap. Wax on wax off!
[signature]

[signature]
[quote TubeDude][cool][#0000ff]But how do you REALLY feel. C'mon, you can tell us.[/#0000ff][/quote]

[signature]
[quote catmaster23] Most people who have to brag about their credentials are full of crap. Wax on wax off![/quote]

awwhaha now thats funny I almost spit mac & cheese on the screen [laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
Methinks the twins are being goaded into an argument here. There are a couple other members that specifically took this thread in that direction. From my objective observation (never met them), they're genuinely trying to address some of the issues other members had with them. However, some of those doing the goading need to be reminded of the required respect for other members, regardless of past post history. Stepping off now.[cool]
[signature]