Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Killin a couple hours on the Jordan River
I love living near the Jordan River. I spent a lot of time fishing it last summer, when I was short on time. I caught some white bass, and channels, plus, I caught that damn turtle.

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...82;#752382

Yeah, you sometimes get some looks from the joggers/bikers as they go past, but I have also found stretches of the river that are away from the main trails, and if I didn't know any better, I would never guess I was in the middle of the city.

I plan on getting back out to the old JR this summer for some more whities and channels. I would also love to catch some perch or walleye, but that may be big dreaming, as I have never caught them before.
[signature]
Better hurry, FFL is catching them all[laugh]
[signature]
You never know [Tongue]. Let's see how many carp wont survive this weekend.
[signature]
Just don't forget the Fly Tying Expo is this weekend. A lot of great people, booths and FUN! Save the fishing for Sunday. Plus the money to go in ($5.00) really does go for a great cause to make our fishing the best we can.
[signature]
I highly doubt that I will be there. I don't want to be going crazy with money there especially when I'm saving up money for next weekend trip as well a new fly rod hopefully by next month, so ya carps will be sacrificed to the walleye gods.
[signature]
Rod dealers will be there with Show Prices[Smile]
[signature]
First of all I don't have the money right now and the second is that I'm buying a rod that got life time warranty that isn't cheap in my eyes. Well thanks for trying to convince me in going.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Rod dealers will be there with Show Prices[Smile][/quote]

Even better reason to avoid it. I need another rod like a hole in the head. I am looking at donating four rods to the boys scouts right now just to clean out my garage. After that I may look into another rod.[cool]
[signature]
Another rod has NEVER been on the "need" list[Wink] but the want list is a whole different list...more a way of life. [cool] One can never have too many.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Another rod [cool] One can never have too many.[/quote]

You haven't seen my garage. [Tongue]
[signature]
I am sure it is no worse than mine[Wink]
[signature]
I'm at 36 rods and counting (includes mamatrouts and minnows rods). Got 4 mure stored out of state. [Smile]
[signature]
You're idea of too many isn't quite the same as mine[Wink]
Those are some Brute fish, by the way. Those suckers are solid!
[signature]
Let's see:
4 pack rods (spinning)
4 fly rods
5 ice rods
6 bait sat rods
18 spinning

Stored in GJT:
2 spin rods (pack)
1 baicast rod (pack ugly stick)
1 fly rod

I do want one more spinning rod but trying to resist. [Tongue]

Now that we have hijacked this thread, back to the discussion. [bobWink]
[signature]
You might want to check out Tube Dudes rod collection [laugh]
[signature]
Actually I've seen it.
[signature]
Ya I was really surprised from his collection the first time that I saw it.
[signature]
I find that I don't use everything I have now. That is why I want to dump four rods and just replace them with one great one.
[signature]
Ha ha ha nice. I wish I had more rods over here but to young to spend all the money on fishing rods and reels [laugh].
[signature]
In time you will be able to. The rods I will be getting rid of are some cheap ones I got to teach Boy Scouts how to fish. Since I don't work with the scouts any more I don't need the rods any more.
[signature]