Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry ice off
[quote cpierce]That was really nice of you FFL to take the time to check some of the lake. Thanks.[/quote]

I am with Cpierce on this one, nice job FFL.
[signature]
This got to be the nicest thing you ever said to me rofl [laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
I will chip in twenty bucks for gas if you guys will take Remo AND FFL in the same vehicle AND post a report at the end of the trip!
[signature]
[quote SBennett]I will chip in twenty bucks for gas if you guys will take Remo AND FFL in the same vehicle AND post a report at the end of the trip![/quote]

[Wink] we would get along fine! Now FFL and TBD is another story.
[signature]
I'm up for it but ya if it was TBD and I it would end up being a battle.
[signature]
Alright FFL, I guess we need to go!
[signature]
Sounds good to me [laugh]. Waiting for Friday pay check to come so I can register my pontoon soon again.

Hopefully tbd wont be there. I would have to catch some suckers or cubs and bring a catapult on my toon.
[signature]
Went up yesterday afternoon and found 22" of ice still. However, its soft on the edges and you'll get wet unless you wear your waders. Was around the point southwest of chicken creek (a long walk). There is a 6 or 7 inch cap of ice, then about 8 inches of frozen slush and another 6 or 7 inches of solid ice on the water. You can see lines running all through the ice where it looks like it is weaker, and there are patches here and there with several inches of standing water. Not a place to be if you are nervous, but the fishing was excellent, which is all that matters in the end.
Fished from 16 to 23 feet deep using rat finkies and white paddle bugs with meal or wax worms. Didn't move around much after wearing my arm out drilling 5 holes with the hand auger. Was pretty slow early in the afternoon but got better around 3:30. Had the usual hurricane going but no worse than down in the valley.
Iced 31 (17 cuts and 14 bows) with no cuts outside the slot except a couple of short ones. All the rainbows were fat with that good red meat so kept enough to feed the fam and give a couple to the neighbor.
Sorry, no pics. Left the camera home sitting next to my knife and ice scoop.
[signature]
I am hearing maybe next week, but I am not buying that[Smile]
[signature]
Are the recent storms having any effect on the open water and roads?
[signature]