Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard, no water just tickets
+1
I think some one writing those tickets actually knew what the law is and just started laying down tickets on every trailer without a plate. Something needs to be done. And anyone that got a ticket get your trailer weighed .
[signature]
We've all just wasted way more time on this than the cost of a plate. Just saying.
[signature]
This is one of the biggest problems with Americans. Giving in to the Government just because it is easier!!!! Who cares about time and money. Our freedoms are worth standing up for and fighting for. These tickets are just another way the gov is trying to take our money and ultimately are freedoms when the law is clearly contrary.
[signature]
Well said! I plan to fight this issue until they stop writing tickets or there is a change in the current law!

It appears that not many people have called or written to the office responsible for the State Parks and the personnel who work there. The person I spoke with this morning at the main DNR office in SLC said this is the first she had heard of this issue. I think if a few more people would take the time to make a phone call and voice their concerns this issue would go away.
[signature]
I was just saying

I live in Idaho and don't have a dog in this fight. Everything I own has a plate, current registration and insurance. I travel all over the west and never get hassled by ill trained park rangers. Pick up a weapon, walk a post. Semper Fi
[signature]
I sent jamesmorgan@utah.gov an Email, he is the Willard, state park manager I called the number you listed above and they referred me to the Northern boating mangers but all I got was voice mail. I did leave a message. That number is 801-533-5127 and the manager is Dave Harris, Erik Stucki is the Assistant manger. The person I did talk to at the number you listed was not sure what the person was using to determine if a trailer was over 750 lbs but he did say that just because it was a single axle trailer that did not mean it was exempt from needing a license plate. Hopefully one of these people will contact me and if they do, I will let everyone know what is going on.
[signature]
Looking at the Yacht Club trailer specification with single axles only two are heavier that 750 lb, both these have brakes and are 82" wide between the fenders. 82 inches wide would be very unusual for older boats that were much narrower than today's wide boat construction. My 1990 trailer is 75" between the fenders for a SmokerCraft 18.2 foot boat.
The two single axle units heavier than 750 are 770 and 790 lb, which make a guestimate ticket seem ridicules.

[url "http://www.yachtclubtrailers.com/bunks/bunk-1820B.php"]http://www.yachtclubtrailers.com/bunks/bunk-1820B.php[/url]
[signature]
Well ! I will finally go register my boat trailer after 23 years of runnig up and down this State and every where else from the Baja to Canada and putting on more than a million miles on my boat trailer. Oh ! did I mention it is a 23ft double Axel 2800 lb trailer ! I must be one lucky SOB. or maybe with all the money I have saved I could pay a few tickets or go another 23 year before they catch me.
[signature]
Yes. We weighed our boat and trailer at the IFA in AF. I think it cost $8 if I recall correctly.
[signature]
Great, I will try to get by there tomorrow when I fish Utah Lake.
[signature]
Spent last weekend at cascade lake in Idaho and just noticed that the tag on the license plate has been rubbed clean. I guess I got "inspected" while I was out fishing. Guess they need some income here too. Trained professionals. Lol
[signature]