Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Guide Recommendations? - Flaming Gorge
Another vote for Ashley. Best choice on the lake, no question.
[signature]
I have fished with Capt Jim and Clark. Capt Jim is the best guide on Flaming Gorge if you want to get a huge mack. All the guides will get you on fish, if you want the big ones you have to try Jim.
[signature]
I haven't heard of him...
[signature]
Sounds like we have an opportunity for a pro-am guide competition....[laugh]
[signature]
Another vote Capt.Jim. Get on their websites... look at the number of large fish Jim puts in the boat. The results speak for themselves. Jim has photo after photo of his clients with big fish! As far as Sabey goes I agree with the earlier post up top as I felt he was quite an arrogant and unpleasant person in my experience with him on the dock. Now im sure if you gave him 600 bucks he would be a little more tolerable [Wink]
[signature]
[quote mattdaddy]Another vote Capt.Jim. Get on their websites... look at the number of large fish Jim puts in the boat. The results speak for themselves. Jim has photo after photo of his clients with big fish! As far as Sabey goes I agree with the earlier post up top as I felt he was quite an arrogant and unpleasant person in my experience with him on the dock. Now im sure if you gave him 600 bucks he would be a little more tolerable [Wink][/quote]with ash out of the pictures Jim is the only choice IMHO
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Here's a link: [/#800000][/font][url "https://sites.google.com/site/montysfishingflaminggorge/Home"]https://sites.google.com/site/montysfishingflaminggorge/Home[/url]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I have met Monty. He seems like a nice guy. Im pretty sure he only trolls and I think he drags steel line and flatfish. I havn't fished with him though, I remember seeing a pic of a huge fish at the chevron in manila that came from Montys boat. I have been around all of them on the water and the only one who hasn't moved in on me and pissed me off is Capt Jim. When that happens I just go somewhere else. There can be a lot of people in one area at times.....
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Thanks. Unless another boat is crossing and tangling my lines or so close I can pee in his boat from mine, I'm good with 'combat' fishing. The fish down at 30 to 70 feet could care less. Their just looking for their next meal. But then, that's just my attitude.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]On the Lake Michigan, I've seen forty or more boats fishing an area and charter boats and private boats passing within 30 feet of each other and they just wave and Smile and ask each other how the other is doing. It really isn't a big deal to me. But your mileage may vary.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Monty came recommended by a friend that lives in Manila and Capt Kyle thought he might be okay as well. I guess I'll find out in May.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
my vote is for ash he put us on fish all day had a blast my wife wanted a big mack and he got her one 35# he treated that fish like a baby and released it safe and sound in my appian ash is the only choice.
[signature]
I've seen Sabey first hand take clients out on the humps in Linwood and snag lakers while their on their beds. Wouldn't waste a dime going with him. Bruce isn't any better.
[signature]