Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porcupine 1/1/17
That two feet was the berm that the plows had left at the entrance to the road. If you can blast through that, I'm not sure how much snow there is but it appeared that someone had cruised up in between the first and second storm before the plows came through.
[signature]
Was there any spot that you could park a trailer and ride a snowmobile in? Just hoping we aren't shut out all winter up there. Thanks for the recon work. J
[signature]
Yes at the fork where you can go left up the dam or go right, go right and follow the road for maybe twenty yards and its a big plowed parking lot.
[signature]
Ok thank you that's great news. J
[signature]
If you make it up don't be afraid to try and knock that berm down a bit for me haha[:p]
[signature]
You got it. But my day went south probably won't make it. J
[signature]
I'm gonna head up tonight with a shovel and see if I can dig it out a bit and make it up the hill. Hopes are if I can get rid of the berm I should be able to make it up just fine.
[signature]
Take chains and a high lift and good luck, sorry I don't have time to show up with a shovel. J
[signature]
When I go up on Thurs I'll tromp the road with my snow cat
[signature]
Sweet that ought to open it up. Wish I could get up and try it, but just don't have enough time this week. Thank you for doing that. Sure will make it easier for us this winter. Later J
[signature]
I wish I had a plow on the front of it me and the youngest are fishin the east canyoun tone rite now,21 and a quarter leading it we have caught 3 only 14 inchers
[signature]
Were they Kokes? If so 14" isn't bad. Sounds like a fun trip for you two. Thanks for the report. J
[signature]
If we get up there as planned we will be using a snowmobile. Report will follow if we make it, good luck guys.
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain]Were they Kokes? If so 14" isn't bad. Sounds like a fun trip for you two. Thanks for the report. J[/quote]

Hey Jeff, I think he was talking about the Tournament that was held at East Canyon yesterday, there could still be kokes in there but its unlikely.
[signature]
Good luck, I hope you do well and stay safe. Let us know how the ice thickness is. I'm a little scared of taking sleds on the ice there yet. Later J
[signature]
Oh thanks Curt I can see what you're saying now, I assumed they were fishing Porcupine.

Boy that weather sure ruined my fishing plans, seems to make way too much work, no time to fish. Hope it gets better soon. You getting ready to brave the porcupine trip yet? Sure hoping for a good year up there. I love catching Kokes through the ice. Later J
[signature]
Are you still planning on going to Cascade this week? or are you talking about the weather up in at your place?
No plans to hit the Pig now, with all these storms coming through this week. Still a lot of lakes to hit locally that have better access.
[signature]
Curt I was talking about wanting to sneak out fishing this weekend up here, but the weather is also raising questions for the Cascade trip. They had 20" of snow up there before this week, now they expect from 30-60" more snow and the slush is getting worse so it is going to make lake access pretty tough. We haven't made a decision yet, but it's not looking like a good week to go. Hope we don't get shutdown but I'm worried at this point. Later J
[signature]
So we tried heading up Friday night. Dug through the berms the plows had made and just followed someone else ruts and just made one pass after another packing it down and gaining a little ground along the way. Ended up making it about half way up before I got coccky and tried to go a little faster and blew through my ruts and sank the truck into two feet of fresh snow haha. Made a little progress in backing up but just made the situation work. Had to call a buddy to come help pull me out. But if littlebuck can make a trail for us that would be awesome!
[signature]
Too bad for the miSadventure up there, but I appreciate you trying to get in there. After this rain and warming I'm sure it's a whole new adventure up there today. I expect it will be a slushy mess for awhile. I guess the Cascade trip fell through so I might try it this weekend, if the conditions improve by then. Hope they will. Catch ya later. J
[signature]